Strategic Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We've raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
In this role, you will have ownership of the full sales cycle - from identifying leads to closing deals for high-growth tech companies and large enterprises. We’re looking for an approachable and compelling communicator who loves working with prospects to uncover their needs and feels comfortable developing tailored value propositions around how Cohere’s platform can help them achieve their business goals. You’ll lay the foundation for Cohere’s growth by owning your territory and collaborating with teammates across customer success, sales development, marketing and sales engineering. You’ll be the voice of the field and help our product, and engineering teams prioritize the Cohere roadmap with customer-centric care. It’s a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured environment and quickly evolving environment. And your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential, and you’ll help us reach it.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto and London but embrace being remote-first! We are looking for candidates based in Canada or the United States for this role.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will:
- Focus on net-new logo acquisition via outbound activity and relationship building with key stakeholders
- Work closely with customers and prospects as a trusted advisor who deeply understands their challenges and goals, and will tailor solutions to drive impact for their businesses
- Work in close partnership with channel partners to find opportunities to scale outreach and customer satisfaction in your region
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on strategic motions to deliver solutions to large enterprise customers
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representatives to drive top of funnel activity
- Own the full sales cycle – from initial outreach through proof-of-concept through deal close
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 8+ years of previous B2B sales experience with large enterprises, negotiating and closing SaaS deals in the 7 figure range, and a track record of high performance and beating your quota
- Previous experience selling technical products, such as developer tools, API products, or AI / NLP solutions, are a plus
- Previous experience working with channel partners to drive sales cycles and hit shared revenue goals
- High tolerance for ambiguity - as an early sales hire, you’ll have to be a doer and a strategist
- Curiosity - you want to go deep on NLP and become an expert on our technology
- Fantastic communication skills - you are a great listener, have a knack for understanding what matters most to others, build strong relationships, can speak to the c-suite, and feel comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
See more open positions at Cohere
Something looks off?