Senior Software Engineer - APIs and SDKs
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We've raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
As part of this role, you will be responsible for designing and building the best experience for developers to interact with the Cohere platform. Our mission is to ensure users come away inspired and excited to build with Cohere, and you will have the opportunity to make that happen.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As Senior Software Engineer - APIs and SDKs you will:
- Work with a small but ambitious team of product, machine learning engineers, and infrastructure engineers
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for future SDKs and endpoints
- Ship delightful experiences for our user-facing products, meticulously crafting code for browsers and occasionally server code
- Own and build robust services-oriented web experiences, our backend stack includes: Golang
- Build internal tooling (CI/CD, dev utilities) to move faster together
- Keep up with the cutting edge and adopt new technologies to improve performance and reliability
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve shipped tools for and loved by many developers
- You care about bringing value to our users - It’s not just about chasing the latest tech stack. You understand the balance between craft and speed
- You have crafted a project proposal, socialized it across teams, and built buy-in to execute it from start to finish
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working at a growing company
- You get energized by the opportunity to make a big impact on a small team
- You love mentoring developers of all levels and have excellent communication skills to provide effective feedback
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
See more open positions at Cohere
Something looks off?