Senior Partnerships Manager, AWS
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like content generation, semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
AWS is one of our most important partners, and you will have the opportunity to build and scale our partnership with them. You will be the buck-stops-here leader for all matters related to our relationship with AWS, including but not limited to, technical integration, marketing campaigns, business development, sales, legal agreements, and financial outcomes.
Please note: To qualify for this role, you must have a deep understanding of how AWS manages its partnerships and a proven track record of scaling ISV partnerships with AWS.
In addition to deep experience with AWS, our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a relatively unstructured and rapidly evolving environment. Your opportunity for impact will be astronomical - Cohere has sky-high potential, and you’ll help us reach it. You will join a highly motivated team that is defining what the AI ecosystem will be, and we’re looking for someone who gets excited about that!
- Partnership Management: Foster and nurture the alliance with AWS, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and mutual value creation.
- Knowledge and Experience: Demonstrate a deep understanding of the AWS organizational structure, decision drivers and influencers, partnership frameworks, programs, and collaboration models. Leverage this knowledge to enhance our joint initiatives.
- Scaling Partnerships: Bring prior experience in scaling partnerships, particularly with AWS. Track record in a start-up environment is preferred, but not necessary.
- Strategy and Business Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive alliance strategy and business plan. Identify key growth areas, market opportunities, and co-innovation initiatives. Drive initiatives to expand and deepen the collaboration for mutual growth.
- Execution Excellence: Take a hands-on approach to drive the execution of alliance activities by striking a balance between ownership and delegation. Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation of joint projects.
- Metrics and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly report on the success and impact of the alliance. Use data-driven insights to refine strategies and optimize outcomes.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.