Technical Product Marketing Associate
Marketing & Communications, IT, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like content generation, semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this Role
In this Intermediate level Technical Product Marketing role you will:
- Partner with our Modeling, Tech, Engineering, Product, Community, and Sales teams to develop product and solution narratives that will be relevant for both technical and business decision-makers.
- Build positioning, value prop, messaging, and differentiation for each product working closely with the product and tech teams.
- Develop customer-facing technical and product marketing materials to showcase features/capabilities or new model/or endpoint introductions that will drive the adoption of Cohere solutions.
- Orchestrate product launches, working cross-functionally to amplify messages with strategic cloud providers and tech partners in the ML ecosystem.
- Author and ghost-write collateral including in-depth technical blogs, sales one-pagers, sales presentations, white-papers, case studies and contributed articles to support Cohere’s POV and educate prospective customers and influencers.
- Be the internal champion and voice of the customer to make sure we are always thinking outside-in.
You may be a good fit for this Intermediate level role, if you have 3 years of work experience including:
- Experience in a product marketing or similar role for a B2B SaaS or software development company.
- An ability to weigh tradeoffs and have discussions with Data Scientists and Engineers on technical topics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are analytical and data-driven, experienced using market data and/or customer insights to inform product positioning.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment (i.e R&D, Sales, Marketing).
- Possess a good blend of business and technical savviness alongside excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.