HR Business Partner
People & HR
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like content generation, semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
One of our main goals at Cohere is to provide an extraordinary employee experience - we want people to look back many years from now and think that Cohere was the best career experience of their life! In order to deliver that level of ‘extraordinary,’ we need People Ops partners for the business that can be 100% focused on their line of business. We need someone who is experienced and sure-handed, can provide options, solutions, insights and direction on people related issues - from rewarding and recognizing exceptional performers, to helping leaders manage performance on their team, to rolling out org wide programs to make our employee experience even better. Our (whole) team is growing fast, and we want to make sure the People Ops team grows with it.
As a HR Business Partner you will:
- Help drive employee engagement by working with leaders and teams.
- Helping managers deal with under performers on the team in a manner consistent with our values.
- Support leadership across your line of business on all people operations program rollouts.
- Oversee HR projects such as performance management, compensation, leadership development, bonus, and policy implementation.
- Conduct weekly meetings with business unit leaders.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 8+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- You have a deep understanding of HR programs such as compensation, leadership development and performance management.
- You are familiar with the tech industry, specifically the AI domain.
- You are an excellent communicator and have the ability to build relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and have experience working at a fast growing startup.
- You have knowledge of European, Canadian and US employment laws.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.