Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is the one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this Role
Cohere is a fast growing company in the extremely dynamic artificial intelligence space, and we are building a Communications team that has the drive, savvy and experience to tackle the challenges this entails. With a world-class team of technical experts, we are building a Communications team to match.
We seek a Communications professional (strongly preferred over a Marketing professional) that can figure out how to solve complicated challenges, including profile raising, executive profile building, financial communications, crisis management, and landing announcements.
We are a company built for growth, and this is a career growth opportunity with just as much growth potential!
In this Intermediate Level individual contributor role, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing core messaging and positioning .
- Evaluating and managing speaking opportunities for key executives.
- Working with reporters in both a proactive and reactive capacity.
- Training members of the management team on speaking to media and presenting at conferences.
- Drafting key communications.
- Working with engineering teams to identify key potential developments.
- Coordinating with the marketing team to ensure messaging consistency.
- Managing and triaging incoming requests for the team.
- 5+ years of Communications/PR experience (strongly preferred over Marketing experience).
- Experience working on communications projects for B2B product launches is preferred.
- Outstanding written skills.
- A highly organized and process-driven mentality.
- A proven track record of handling reporters, including profile raising.
- An ability to manage logistics around high profile speaking engagement.
- A desire to grow quickly and take on more challenging tasks.
- High levels of creativity in a communications setting.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.