Engineering Program Manager, Forward Deployed Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like content generation, semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
We are seeking an Engineering Program Manager to join the Tech team at Cohere, with a primary focus on facilitating the collaboration of our development partners in utilizing our LLM solutions. In this role, you will closely collaborate with Cohere's Forward-Deployed Engineering Team to support the joint development of LLM NLP solutions across various enterprise use cases for our key strategic partners.
As a EPM, you will:
- Facilitate clear, timely, and objective communication channels between Cohere, external partners, customers, and various stakeholders within and beyond the tech organization.
- Drive on-time delivery and deployment, identifying development and feasibility requirements.
- Establish milestones for checkpoints and provide regular status updates.
- Actively engage in day-to-day operations, taking a hands-on approach.
- Lead operational communication between Cohere and its customers.
- Own reporting, tracking, communication, and delivery for key enterprise customers.
- Triage important requests, prioritize options, and address urgent matters.Participate in use-case discovery meetings with customers.
- Contribute to project and planning meetings with the Forward-Deployed Engineering (FDE) team.
- Collaborate in team meetings to discuss operational strategy with Engineering Program Manager peers.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2-3 years of professional experience in roles such as Engineering or Technical Program Manager, or similar operations-focused positions.
- In-depth experience collaborating with engineers in software or ML-based product development.
- Hands-on experience managing customer and partner operations.
- Proficiency in product discovery, shared execution planning, road mapping, platform and technical onboarding, as well as process design and documentation.
- Background in customer interaction, specifically with enterprise customers on co-development opportunities.
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams, coordinating efforts across multiple teams.
- Successful track record of delivering technical products, services, or solutions to internal or external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in diverse contexts.
- Prior understanding of Cohere and familiarity with the NLP product space.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.