Senior Manager, Sales
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is the one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
In this player-coach role, the Sales Manager will lead, coach, and mentor a dynamic team of solution sales oriented Strategic Account Executives managing long-term & complex deal cycles for high-growth enterprise F100 customers. Cohere seeks a Sales Manager brimming with energy, leadership acumen, and initiative, to propel team performance and drive sales activity for Cohere. Your role will entail crafting and executing a strategic vision to foster business growth. We are seeking a high-impact player/coach capable of delivering exceptional business results and fostering top-notch employee development.
As a Sales Manager, you will:
- Lead, manage and grow our Strategic Account Executive team while supporting them in day-to-day operations.
- Expand the market share of Cohere, partnering closely with your team members to acquire new customers and increase the account penetration of existing customers.
- Construct, forecast, report on and own responsibility for pipeline generation/quality, sales activity, plans, revenue forecasting and team/individual results. Evaluate team and individual performance. Achieve revenue targets and company goals.
- Partner closely with teams across the organization (i.e. Product, Partners, Customer Success), their leadership & executive leadership team & channel partners.
- Proactively and continuously identify areas for improvement in processes, efficiency, and productivity, making continuous strategic recommendations for enhancement.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a player/coach role leading a team of Managers and Enterprise sales professionals in a software/SaaS (or similar) organization, leading sales teams through multifaceted opportunities.
- 10+ years experience in Enterprise sales; identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale complex sales cycles with F100 accounts.
- Experience working with and presenting to C-level executives.
- Proven management skills including planning, negotiating, forecasting, organizing for results, hiring, leading and evaluating people.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and verbal/written communication skills.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.