Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is the one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
Generative AI represents a turning point for businesses in every industry. Cohere is at the center of enterprise transformation and is laser focused on serving the enterprise sector, and its developers and partners.
The Marketing organization is pivotal to the growth and success of Cohere - positioning and communicating Cohere’s unique offerings to a unique field of developers, enterprise AI & tech leadership, C-Suite executives, ML researchers, consultants, bankers, partners driving technology & workflow change within enterprises (SIs, cloud providers, SaaS providers), policymakers, and public-sector influencers.
Reporting to the Cohere’s President & COO, the VP Marketing will proactively set direction for Cohere in the marketplace, leading our positioning with the broad range of audiences listed above, driving product marketing, partner activation & enablement, developer relations, brand, social, digital, LLM University, certification/training programs and more. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to establish and scale a generational company in a most transformational time and sector.
As our VP Marketing, you will:
- Lead our Marketing organization and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product, Revenue, ML, Engineering) to ensure alignment on Enterprise Go-to-Market efforts & strategy.
- Develop, direct, and evaluate effective marketing programs using market research, product marketing, competitive intelligence, marketing communications, and public/policy relations.
- Develop a measurement strategy, objectives, KPIs, forecasting, benchmarks, and dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs, ensuring continuous improvement and optimization.
- Drive the company's brand strategy, including brand positioning, messaging, and identity to build a strong presence in the market.
- Align global marketing strategy to develop and implement campaigns that drive growth with enterprise customer target segments and partners (i.e. cloud service providers, GSIs and management consulting firms).
- Collaborate with our growing list of enterprise partners and customers to raise awareness and drive market adoption.
- Expand our leading education capability (LLMU) that enables developers and partners to deploy Cohere’s technology within their organizations, positions Cohere as the premier LLM provider to work with, and enables exponential growth through partners.
- Build and cultivate relationships with industry influencers, media partners, and stakeholders.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging marketing technologies, proactively providing input into strategy, product and technical decisions.
You may be a good fit for this career opportunity, if you have:
- Proven experience as a senior Marketing leader across multiple functions (developer relations, enterprise, brand, growth).
- 15+ years of senior level experience developing and achieving successful marketing strategies for an Enterprise SaaS/B2B software or software-related company driving Enterprise Go-to-Market motions.
- Degree in Marketing/Business/Engineering/CS.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and directing marketing efforts supporting cutting edge products, and developing effective marketing strategies and business plans.
- Familiarity with partner ecosystems, and enabling partner channels to deploy at scale (GSIs, consultancies, SaaS leaders, hyperscalers).
- Demonstrated experience building, guiding and inspiring a team as a servant leader.
- International/global experience and familiarity is preferred.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.