Strategic Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is the one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
In this role, you will have ownership of the full sales cycle - from identifying leads to closing deals for high-growth tech companies and large enterprises. We’re looking for an approachable and compelling communicator who loves working with prospects to uncover their needs and feels comfortable developing tailored value propositions around how Cohere’s platform can help them achieve their business goals. You’ll lay the foundation for Cohere’s growth by owning your territory and collaborating with teammates across Customer Success, Sales Development, Marketing and Sales Engineering. You’ll be the voice of the field and help our Product, and Engineering teams prioritize the Cohere roadmap with customer-centric care. In this self-directed role, you will thrive in an unstructured and quickly evolving environment. The opportunity for impact is astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential, and you’ll help us reach it.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will:
- Work closely with customer prospects as a trusted advisor who deeply understands their challenges and goals, and will tailor solutions to drive impact for their businesses.
- Work in close partnership with channel partners to find opportunities to scale outreach and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams on strategic motions to deliver solutions to large enterprise customers.
- Collaborate with the Sales Development team to drive top of funnel activity.
- Own the full sales cycle – from initial outreach through proof-of-concept to deal close.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 7+ years of experience managing full-cycle B2B solution sales motions with large enterprise and F100 customers.
- Proven track record of sales performance (i.e. exceeding quota).
- Previous experience selling technical products and solutions.
- Previous experience working with channel partners to drive sales cycles and hit shared revenue goals.
- Tolerance for ambiguity - as an early sales hire at Cohere, you’ll have to be a doer and a strategist.
- Curiosity - you want to go deep on NLP and become an expert on our technology.
- Fantastic communication skills - you are a great listener, have a knack for understanding what matters most to others, build strong relationships, can speak to the C-suite, and feel comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.