Solution Architect, Partnerships
IT, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is the one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
Why this role?
As a Partnerships Solutions Architect at Cohere, you will play a significant role in growing the business and have a great deal of autonomy when it comes to technical pre- and post-sales. Your responsibilities will include developing a deep understanding of customer problems, mapping them to Cohere solutions, and working closely with our partners as the trusted technical advisor who owns the technical relationship with our stakeholders. By leveraging your expertise, you will help to increase the adoption of Cohere products, both internally and externally, and will gather valuable insights and feedback from customers to help shape the future of our products.
In this dynamic role, you will need to be both a strategic thinker and a hands-on doer. You will take a hands-on approach to building customer Proof of Concepts that showcase the business value of our platform. As the technical relationship owner, you will collaborate with stakeholders to understand their business objectives and translate those into technical solutions. You will take ownership of the customer narrative, serving as the voice of the customer and acting as a liaison between the customer and our product team. Additionally, you will provide guidance on best practices for using Cohere, identify areas for improvement within the platform, and cultivate technical champions within customer organizations to drive adoption and gather feedback to enhance our products.
A typical day at Cohere might include:
- Leading the technical talk track on customer calls.
- Deep dives on customer problems and Cohere technology.
- Designing novel solutions with bleeding-edge NLP technology.
- Facilitating customer evaluations and PoC.
- Developing and documenting processes to enable the solutions architect team to scale effectively within Cohere.
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure our offering match the customers’ desires.
- Working closely with our partners to develop a strategy for enabling and accelerating their customers.
This might be for you if you have some of the following:
- 5+ years of customer-facing technical pre/post sales Solutions Architect experience, and working with partners in GTM engagements.
- 2+ years architecting or deploying cloud-native solutions.
- A passion for Generative AI, and an understanding of strengths and weaknesses of Generative LLM's.
- Fundamental knowledge of ML, and basic knowledge of AI, NLP, and Large Language Models (LLM).
- Comfortable working with Python and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Comfortable using version control.
- Excellent communication skills - you can toggle seamlessly between presenting to CEOs, and getting in the weeds or white boarding with technical audiences.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- You can identify and implement high-impact processes in unstructured environments.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.