Business Development Representative
Coconut’s looking for a BDR champion our product to potential customers! Working closely with the rest of the Sales and Marketing teams, this position will work with new prospects to evolve customized solutions that will better serve their customer base. With accountability over lead generation - the Business Development Team is key to Coconut’s continued success and growth. As expert relationship builders - our BDR’s seek out new clients to join our network and partner with each one to ensure our customers win with their clients.
The ideal person for this role will have demonstrated their ability to maintain customer relationships and proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers. You’ll do this via prospecting, networking, and referral activities. You are driven, motivated, and eager to grow in your own sales career and strive to have an impact on the success of the company! You will be supported with opportunities to grow your career and you can help build an amazing product at a company big enough for growth, but still lean enough for you to make a genuine impact. We’re not looking for you to “tick all the boxes.” We want people who are equally as passionate about growing in their own careers but also contributing to the growth of Coconut’s product and overall business.
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Build relationships with new prospects
- Drive the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calls, emails, and social media touch points
- Qualify leads working with an Account Executive
- Collaborate with Account Executives on the full sales cycle for prospects you've sourced
- Maintain a clean inbound funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to provide our customers with the best solutions
- Source new business opportunities for Coconut and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Collaborate and contribute to developing outbound demand generation campaigns leveraging SalesLoft, Hubspot, Salesforce, and various data tools with the Sales & Marketing teams
- Track and record activities on accounts and leads in Salesforce
- Attend industry events and trade shows to generate new leads for the Sales team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- 1+ years of experience in a SaaS sales or business development role, with a proven track record of success
- A natural curiosity and a passion to learn and grow
- Experience selling through multi channel outreach (phone, email, social, face to face) using a cadence structure
- Experience working with a CRM (Salesforce is a bonus!)
Our Investment in You:
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a 4 Day Work Week!
We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, but still flexible environment;
- Supported professional development, learning & career opportunities - be supported in your growth journey!
- Regular 1:1 coaching with your leader and regular connection to a passionate executive team
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits, Virtual Care & Disability top up
- Mental health online platform and counselling services
- Annual Wellness Benefit ($1000 per year)
- Opportunity to work remote - anywhere in Canada!
- Employee Options - everyone shares in our success!
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program - means everyone is entitled to earn bonuses
- A People First Company - 4.6 rating on Glassdoor
- Recently named #4 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada
Who we are, and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their bank or credit union. Our appointment scheduling, queue management, and video banking solutions are used by leading financial institutions across North America, including RBC, Arvest Bank, Vancity, and Rogue Credit Union. Organizations that use Coconut benefit from a seamless customer experience that improves NPS, reduces wait times, and increases conversion rates.
To date we have raised close to 40M and have been doubling revenue year after year. The team at Coconut has ambitious growth plans to continue to scale the business to new heights by owning the North American market and delivering innovative solutions to our customers.
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. We foster a community that is unconditionally inclusive, and in return ask that our people contribute their differing perspectives, ideas and experiences for one common purpose: to advance the way people live and work in an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion and workplace belonging.
Some recent awards we're proud of include:
Coconut Software is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.