Head of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Cinchy is the enterprise data collaboration platform that makes it simple and secure for business teams, legacy systems, SaaS apps, and AI to collaborate on data in real-time.
Our customers use Data Collaboration to accelerate digital transformation projects and reduce the time and cost to build applications by more than 50%. Data Collaboration decreases IT project delivery risks, establishes guaranteed data access controls, and enables effortless collaboration on quality data across an organizations’ people and systems.
Welcome to the age of data co-production, where collaboration replaces integration.
We are a growing company of builders, innovators, collaborators that believe freeing your data will empower your teams to build the future and unlock their potential.
Cinchy is actively seeking an authentic, high energy, curious, and senior leader of Customer Experience to join our expanding team. This leader will play a pivotal part in ensuring that our customers derive maximum value from Cinchy's platform, with a specific focus on successful services engagements and implementations. You will lead multiple teams focused on delivering exceptional customer service, driving adoption, and cultivating enduring relationships. You will own Cinchy's entire Customer relationship and provide the Senior Leadership Team with both tactical and strategic insights, both during and post sales, to ensure customer retention and growth.
What you will be doing:
- Customer Success Strategy with a Focus on Services
- Craft and execute a comprehensive customer success strategy, emphasizing services and implementation, aimed at enhancing customer satisfaction, fostering retention, and identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Drive the appropriate mix of scaled and 1:1 CX playbooks/programs to drive efficiency.
- Own the onboarding process to ensure customers experience a seamless and successful implementation of Cinchy's platform and their first data products/capabilities.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive and exceptional customer experience throughout their lifecycle, with an emphasis on successful implementation of new data products on the Cinchy Platform.
- Ensure the team is laser focused on driving engagements and product enhancements that serve the customer’s strategic priorities (i.e. their North Star).
- Relationship Building
- Proactively develops meaningful partnerships with clients, portraying a compelling presence that immediately earns respect and trust.
- Acts as a strategic and trusted advisor, guiding clients towards common goals with a keen understanding of industry trends and competitive landscapes. You understand their data strategy deeply and how Cinchy can immediately help their strategic priorities.
- Establishes immediate credibility through insightful advice, ensuring that customers view them not just as a service provider but as a trusted partner in achieving their objectives. Customers are eager to whiteboard their data strategy together and get your thoughts.
- Displays the ability to charm and attract others, actively seeking opportunities to assist and serve, thereby enhancing relationships and creating a supportive network within customer organizations.
- Support, Training, and Voice of the Customer
- Ensure Cinchy is providing world class support within targeted SLAs & support metrics.
- Develop and implement strategies to capture and amplify the "Voice of the Customer" within the organization. You strengthen feedback loops across the business.
- Champion the documentation of customer feedback to drive continuous improvement and influence product enhancements.
- Review training programs to ensure customers and internal teams are proficient in leveraging Cinchy's platform and driving improved time to value.
- Collaborate closely with the customer support team to address and resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Proactive Renewals, Upsells, and Cross-Sells
- Understand the customer’s north star using Cinchy and drive urgency within your teams to get them there. Get our customer advocates and builders promoted in their organizations via successful delivery of their simplification vision!
- Implement and govern strategies to monitor and assess customer health, promptly addressing any product or services-related issues or concerns to ensure renewal.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key customers, emphasizing successful implementation stories and have them spread the word re: Cinchy's platform.
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities and collaborate with the sales team to maximize revenue and customer value.
- Identify opportunities for case studies, testimonials, and references to further promote customer success stories.
- Team Leadership
- Lead and inspire high-performing customer success, support, and services teams.
- Drive accountability to our customer commitments and ensure the team is governing all of the activities in the customer lifecycle effectively.
- Develop processes, playbooks, guidance, and Cinchy capabilities to enable and govern the work of the customer facing teams.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Make Cinchy a great place to work.
What you bring:
- Proven experience in a customer success leadership role within a high ticket, B2B SaaS company.
- A strong background in services and implementation is a definite asset.
- A desire to drive best in class customer and team member satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships, especially in the context of successful implementations. You know how to identify the key players and what they need from your teams to be successful.
- Strategic thinker with a focus on driving customer satisfaction, services excellence, and business growth.
- In-depth understanding of data management, collaboration solutions, and how to build a modern data strategy (or a strong desire to dig deeply into this early).
- A persistent curiosity and genuine excitement to find solutions to the toughest problems.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to build data products on Cinchy and put yourself in our customer’s and team member’s shoes. You are ok with your CX toolstack being largely Cinchy and a few others.
Other details you may want to know: The position is 100% remote
Our Hiring Process:
Talent Screen: You will initially meet (online) with someone from our Employee Success team.
Technical Fit: This is a role-related practical interview.
Team Fit: We then have a values fit interview with other members of the Cinchy Leadership team.
Because this is an important role for us there may be a few more steps.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates around the world, including indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Diversity breeds excellence.
If you need any accommodation for the interview process please let us know.