Head of DevOps
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Cinchy is the enterprise data collaboration platform that makes it simple and secure for business teams, legacy systems, SaaS apps, and AI to collaborate on data in real-time.
Our customers use Data Collaboration to accelerate digital transformation projects and reduce the time and cost to build applications by more than 50%. Data Collaboration decreases IT project delivery risks, establishes guaranteed data access controls, and enables effortless collaboration on quality data across an organizations’ people and systems.
Welcome to the age of data co-production, where collaboration replaces integration.
We are a growing company of builders, innovators, collaborators that believe freeing your data will empower your teams to build the future and unlock their potential.
We are looking for a Head of DevOps that will be responsible for collaborating with software developers, system operators, and Customer IT staff members to manage code releases. This person will cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing, and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they drive organizational change and deliver value through DevOps practices.
A deep understanding of cloud computing, infrastructure automation, CI/CD pipelines, containerization technologies, and other DevOps tools and practices will be essential for success in guiding technical decision-making and driving innovation.
What you will be doing:
- Define and Implement DevOps Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive DevOps strategy aligned with business objectives, ensuring efficiency, scalability, and security across the organization's infrastructure and applications.
- Partner with Stakeholders: Deliver strong customer engagement through coaching engagements, community meet-ups, practitioner steering groups, focused user groups, and partner product management groups. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including executive leadership, product development teams, and business units, to understand requirements, align priorities, and deliver DevOps solutions that meet business needs and drive strategic outcomes.
- Lead DevOps Transformation: Drive cultural and organizational changes necessary for successful DevOps adoption, fostering collaboration, communication, and shared accountability among development, operations, and other relevant teams.
- Architect and Implement CI/CD Pipelines: Design, build, and maintain robust continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines to automate and streamline software delivery processes, reducing cycle times and improving deployment frequency.
- Ensure Cloud Security and Compliance: Establish and enforce security best practices, controls, and compliance standards across cloud environments, proactively identifying and mitigating security risks while adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Optimize Costs of Infrastructure: Minimize cloud infrastructure costs, as well as develop controls and ensure governance of cloud infrastructure spend.
- Drive Innovation and Best Practices: Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in DevOps and cloud computing, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the DevOps team.
- Measure and Improve DevOps Performance: Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness of DevOps initiatives, continuously monitoring and analyzing performance data to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Provide Leadership and Mentorship: Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of DevOps engineers and practitioners, providing guidance, support, and professional development opportunities to foster growth and innovation.
What you bring - Don’t worry if you don’t have all these things, we believe in investing in personal growth and can coach you to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer / System Administrator.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of System Administrators and Cloud/DevOps Engineers.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Experience in provisioning / administering relational databases (SQL Server and PostgreSQL) on cloud environments.
- Ability to relay a business problem clearly and concisely from the customer to our product and engineering teams.
Key Results (things we will measure success):
As a new Head of DevOps for Cinchy, your initial 30/60/90-day plan should focus on understanding the company culture, team dynamics, existing processes, and technical infrastructure while building relationships with key stakeholders.
Familiarize yourself with your team, Cinchy's mission, values, and strategic objectives.
Conduct a comprehensive assessment of current DevOps practices, processes, and technologies.
Review existing infrastructure, tools, and workflows for CI/CD, automation, monitoring, and security.
Identify gaps, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement in the DevOps pipeline.
Develop a DevOps vision strategy
Identify opportunities to optimize resource utilization, reduce manual effort, and enhance system reliability and scalability.
Ensure alignment between DevOps activities and broader organizational objectives.
Promote DevOps culture
Engage with external partners including customers and vendors
Our Hiring Process:
Talent Screen: You will initially meet (online) with someone from our Talent team. (30 minutes)
Technical Fit: (60-90 minutes)
Team Fit: We then have a values fit interview with other members of the Product Success Team (60 minutes)
If all goes well, and you feel that Cinchy is the place you want to build your career, we'll ask for references and make an offer.
Who you will be meeting:
Joseph Kim - Head of Recruitment
Karanjot Jaswal - Head of Platform Success
And other members of the Cinchy team.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates around the world, including indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Diversity breeds excellence.
If you need any accommodation for the interview process please let us know.