Front End Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Cinchy is the enterprise data collaboration platform that makes it simple and secure for business teams, legacy systems, SaaS apps, and AI to collaborate on data in real-time.
Our customers use Data Collaboration to accelerate digital transformation projects and reduce the time and cost to build applications by more than 50%. Data Collaboration decreases IT project delivery risks, establishes guaranteed data access controls, and enables effortless collaboration on quality data across an organizations’ people and systems.
Welcome to the age of data co-production, where collaboration replaces integration.
We are a growing company of builders, innovators, collaborators that believe freeing your data will empower your teams to build the future and unlock their potential.
We are looking for a Front End Developer, with proven UI experience building things with React, Angular and other web development frameworks, to join our cross-functional team responsible for delivering great experiences to our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Develop user-facing data experiences using React and the Cinchy platform
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with the product team, share feedback from customer project implementations and influence the product roadmap
- Build software with the customer and their experience in mind
- Be comfortable in a highly dynamic, agile environment without sacrificing the quality of work
- Stay current with emerging web technologies and trends
What you bring - Don’t worry if you don’t have all these things, we believe in investing in personal growth and can coach you to be successful:
- 5+ years of UI development experience using modern web frameworks
- Expert-level knowledge of React and above, with experience architecting and developing web applications from scratch
- Ability to work independently with product leadership to take customer requirements and deliver a high-quality solution
- Experience following the SDLC in a large enterprise organization
- Experience building micro front ends, understanding the challenges and best practices associated with modular front end architecture
- Experience with building framework agnostic UI libraries (stenciljs, lit, mitosis, etc…)
- Using front end build tools (Vite, esbuild, Parcel, webpack, npm etc…)
- Experience with unit testing
- Deep understanding of core UX/UI principles and proven ability to apply them
- Detail-oriented, and able to build visually appealing enterprise solutions
- Practical knowledge of databases and T-SQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with C#/.NET is a nice to have (MVC Framework)
Key Results (things we will measure success):
30 days: Familiarization with the Cinchy platform, knowledge transfer from Front End Development Team.
60 days: Working with some independence on deliverables.
90 days: Should be working independently and able to take on tasks.
Our Hiring Process:
Talent Screen: You will initially meet (online) with someone from our Talent team. (30 minutes)
Technical Fit: (60-90 minutes)
Team Fit: We then have a values fit interview with other members of the Product Development Team (60 minutes)
If all goes well, and you feel that Cinchy is the place you want to build your career, we'll ask for references and make an offer.
Who you will be meeting:
Joseph Kim - Head of Recruitment
Sonya Chan - Head of Front End Development
And other members of the Cinchy team.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates around the world, including indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Diversity breeds excellence.
If you need any accommodation for the interview process please let us know.