Learning and Design Specialist
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a dynamic Learning and Design Specialist to provide a range of support to the global learning and development team. You will be accountable for the management of the learning management system, data integrity of learning records and reporting, and ensuring e-learning content is up to date. Partnering and consulting with global business units, you will coordinate and plan the analysis, design, execution and measurement/reporting of employee learning and compliance programs. With demonstrated experience in business analysis, you will help establish intentional practices to ensure data integrity, training program completion and establish global standard operating procedures for role learning, compliance, and onboarding.
- Manage and ensure data integrity on the learning management system, and look to create automation, enhanced functionality and user training and awareness
- Coordinate the analysis, planning, delivery and measurement of skill, technical and compliance learning programs
- Incorporate feedback into ongoing enhancement and revisions of learning programs
- Create and operationalize calendar of learning programs to support transparency, awareness and consistency
- Set up, standardize and promote reporting to senior leadership, managers and individual contributors
- Create, manipulate and organize data to support decision making
- Partner with business units to set up delivery schedules and custom content
- Provide Instructional design standards for e-learning and instructor led classes
- Act as point of contact for users on the learning management system
- Deliver in-person and online learning to global audience
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with software development professionals who act as mentors within the team. You will work on projects that are deployed world-wide that inspire and delight our customers and their guests, as well as adding value for internal teams. Your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Degree in Adult Education
- At least 5 years’ experience in a learning and development role with demonstrated expertise in learning program management
- Strong understanding of Excel and data validation tools
- Strong consulting and analytical skills
- Experience in Learning Management System administration
- Experience in instructional design and e-learning authoring tools such as the Articulate suite of products
What will put you ahead:
- Experience working with cross functional teams across a global organization
- Exceptional communication skills including written, oral and visual medias
- Commitment to process improvement, effective problem solving and ability to think creatively
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
Something looks off?