We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for FPGA Developers to join our engineering team tasked with the design and commercialization of Christie’s next generation of video processing hardware. Your desire to get involved and innovate solutions to unique challenges are essential attributes of the role. You will be able to see the immediate impact of your efforts in the technology we produce which captivates audiences at cinemas, theme parks and sports arenas across the globe.
- Evaluate requirements and develop FPGA architectures
- Draft specifications for FPGA IP blocks
- Perform detailed digital logic design and implementation of complex, high-resolution and high-performance video processing circuits in the latest FPGA technologies
- Verify HDL designs in simulation and on hardware platforms
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of embedded software and hardware developers
- Participate in design reviews to ensure robust operation between software applications and video processing components
- Participate in planning, scheduling and design resource estimation for project scoping exercises
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we're offering
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field of study
- 10+ years of professional FPGA or ASIC development experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed FPGA architectures
- Strong understanding of an FPGA or ASIC design flow, including RTL design with SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL, simulation, logic synthesis and timing closure
- Experience with Xilinx or Intel FPGA devices and development tools
- Knowledge and experience with video systems and specification standards such as HDMI, DisplayPort and SDI, video processing algorithms, high-speed memory interfaces and communication protocols using multi-gigabit SERDES
- Strong debug and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will put you ahead:
- Leadership capability and desire to mentor others
- Familiarity with PCB design, layout, and debug
- Experience with FPGA based SoC or soft microprocessor cores
- Coding experience with C++ and other scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Tcl
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking concepts
- Understanding of High-Level Synthesis design flows
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
Something looks off?