We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a passionate Electronic Designer to help us design and develop electronics systems for video projection systems. We are embarking on major new developments centered on our world leading RGB laser-based projection and LED display technologies. As a key member of our team, you will help drive the development of new technologies that will break the bounds of current display resolution, contrast, and colorimetry performance. You have these opportunities to develop and deliver high quality electronic solutions.
- Develop module specifications detailing functional requirements and electrical interfaces
- Design circuits and create schematics in Cadence workflow
- Review PCB layout for your designs with a focus on signal integrity
- Perform PCB bring-up and debugging using an oscilloscope and soldering iron
- Document PCB performance and electrical characteristics in a test report
- Work collaborative with others in design reviews of all new boards
- Identify alternate components to replace end-of-life parts in existing boards
- Deep dive electrical system level issues back to root cause and identify and test solution
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field of study
- Five or more years of hardware development experience in electronic and PCB design
- Ability to draft detailed product specifications and test reports
- Experience in product design and familiarity with FPGA technology, microprocessors, digital and analog circuit board design, high speed interfaces, and embedded software
- Capable of schematic entry using Cadence Capture or similar software
- An understanding of PCB layout techniques and best practices for signal integrity
- Hands on experience using oscilloscopes and an understanding of advanced measurement techniques
- A motivated team player with experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
What will put you ahead:
- Ten or more years of hardware development experience in electronic and PCB design.
- Experience creating electrical system architecture including the partitioning of system components into well-defined subsystems.
- Experience developing video image processing algorithms and electronics.
- Possess a P.Eng. License.
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
Something looks off?