Solution Architect - Projection & Display Systems
Christie Digital Systems USA
Solution Architect - Projection & Display Systems
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
We're looking for a multi-dimensional Solution Architect to help define our next-generation digital projection and display systems, products, platforms, and technologies. By owning the product and systems definition responsibilities, this atypical role is designed to provide vital “Voice of the Customer” requirements translation to our Product Development and Software and Electrical Engineering teams to ensure that our projection and display solutions meet our customers needs.
The key responsibilities include specifying and documenting functional and technical end-user requirements, collaborating with our global customers, experts, and product management teams to ensure that our engineering teams have a clear view on how to solve customer needs through design.
This role offers a wide spectrum of responsibilities that will ultimately provide better marketplace understanding, improved product quality, decreased development cost, faster time to market, and streamlined engineering and manufacturing.
About the ideal candidate
You’re naturally curious and able break down complex ideas into easy-to-understand components thanks to your background in Product and Systems definition. You understand how the integration of customer requirements, market awareness and technical knowledge conspire to result in managing stakeholders, driving future systems and product architectures, and discovering new opportunities.
You understand customer language and insights and can articulate the value when translating those insights into engineering language.
You may have begun your career in areas including field support, technical integration/configuration – or – electrical engineering/firmware/embedded systems that evolved into working closely with external stakeholders, requirements analysis, technical specifications documentation and/or solutions design.
There are 3 key areas of responsibility – Product and Systems Definition, Stakeholder/Customer Relationships, and Strategic Planning – all of which are interrelated.
1. Product / System Definition
- Participate in the requirements capture, concept development and functional requirements specification processes by preparing product proposals, customer requirements documentation and other collateral materials.
- Thoroughly understand customer end use requirements and system applications and translate this understanding to our engineering, product management and leadership team.
- Conduct requirements-gathering workshops with Product Managers, customers, and a range of subject matter experts / end users to define the software and electronics platform requirements.
- Analyze, formulate, and document clear, detailed user requirements and customer use cases to our system design, development, test and validation teams.
- Present requirements to the Product Development and Software Quality assurance staff, and act as liaison with product management to convey the system requirements.
- Actively contribute to the cost / features / schedule / risk analysis and trade-off decisions based on market trends, business opportunities, time to market, etc.
- Contribute to the development of Product Specifications and customer facing collateral materials such as User Guides / Installation Guides, etc.
- Contribute to the maintenance and ongoing development of product and system requirements, traceability tools and processes.
- Build and develop cross functional relationships with product management, electrical and software design, quality assurance and product launch teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers to establish Christie as the preferred development partner.
- Act as a technical reference for marketing and sales.
- Future Architectures / Emerging Standards / New Opportunities
- Be knowledgeable about our hardware and software features and capabilities, including how they are used in our products to create real-world User Acceptance Test (UAT) criteria.
- Actively monitor applicable international standards applicable to Christie’s display products and assist with the development and maintenance of the Christie International Standards ‘Knowledge Base’.
- Identify, document and characterize new product features and opportunities in video, audio, multi-media and other related display markets / segments.
- Assist in the evolution of existing product lines to meet changing market needs.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive intelligence and apply this information in the development of product features and capabilities.
- Ideally, we are seeking someone with multi-disciplinary backgrounds – from high-level system design to practical implementation combined with a thorough knowledge and understanding of multimedia display and/or projection systems.
- A strong customer-orientation – able to understand the voice of the customer – combined with the ability to translate problems into solutions working in partnership with technical / electrical / software engineering teams.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience within your career that focuses on technical writing, specifying, and documenting functional and end-user requirements covering aspects of the design and development of video, audio and multi-media display products or systems.
- A background in electrical engineering, firmware/FPGA, embedded systems and/or system software design experience would be tremendous asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical, Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements verbally and in formal documents with higher authorities (e.g., Customers, Product Management, Program Management) and technical team members.
- High degree of creativity, innovation, determination, initiative, and tenacity.
- Demonstrable ability to drive / make / reach consensus on key technical decisions with limited information.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional environment with a track record of team participation.
- Work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment, including managing activities or priorities on multiple concurrent projects.
- Work independently while openly collaborating with other development/engineering teams and leadership teams.
- Able to either define, or work within the boundaries of project schedules, milestone management and customer outcome deadlines.
- Communicate efficiently, effectively, with well developed presentation and facilitation skills.
- Relevant knowledge of video or display systems, including broadcast, interface standards and video processing concepts.
- Experience in software or electronics development, field systems support, or experience with either product development, quality assurance, or product hardware implementation/integration consulting.
- Business analysis expertise within product development teams.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, firmware, quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Perforce Helix, Confluence, Jira, or equivalent Requirements Management tool.
- Current/relevant awareness of trends in technology related to software, electronics, and video systems.
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular