Customer Service Engineer
Christie Digital Systems USA
533650-Field Service - Customer Service Engineer
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
- Perform preventive maintenance and emergency service at the client’s locations as needed to ensure the full functionality of OSA system, Interactive media systems, related equipment and Digital Cinema projectors, non-cinema projectors and systems.
- Complete installations, repairs and advanced service procedures on >2 product platforms, including reactive and proactive maintenance and decommissioning with minimal or no supervision. Frequently travel to customer sites on short notice.
- Compile detailed lists of equipment while on site.
- Diagnose and repair complex technical problems as well as research complex customer issues to ensure timely resolution of Tier 2 issues on >2 product platforms.
- Keep customers informed of progress and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
What we’re offering
You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- BS/BA in a technical field (Electrical or Software) (or equivalent technical experience)
- 2 - 5 years of Customer Service Engineer / Field Application experience in the AV industry
- Ability to diagnose and repair complex technical problems independently
- High knowledge of analogue and digital theory related to Digital Cinema / Cinema 4D projectors
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication, Presentation/Teaching skills
- Understanding of customer requirements and relationships
- Benefit if fluent in any of these languages (German, French, Spanish, others), as a plus. English is a must.
- EU passport holder is an added value
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need to bring excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills, decision making and leadership skills, and be self-motivated.
All of the information collected in this job application form is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job applied for. We will use the information provided by you on this form, by the referees you have noted, and the educational institutions with whom we may undertake to verify your qualifications with, for recruitment purposes only. The Company will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 90
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, November 1, 2023