Christie Digital Systems USA
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Technical Writer & Compliance Expert to support products and innovative opportunities currently being developed by Christie Digital Systems. We’re continuing to lead in the development of streaming devices focused on the video industry. Plus, we’re on the leading edge of new and exciting solutions.
- Create high-quality documentation by researching and gathering information to help our customers understand and effectively use our Phoenix-based products.
- Safety Guides
- User Guides
- Installation Manuals
- Reference Manuals
- Assist with quotations for new projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including developers, quality control, product manager, and operations personnel.
- Assist with assembly documentation.
- Maintain Quality Manuals
- Create and maintain part numbers for Phoenix-based products using Oracle.
- Prepare and maintain necessary documentation for U.L. certification along with submission and tracking of test samples and testing progress.
- Effective communication regarding status of projects with necessary personnel and U.L. staff.
A full-time position, competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched 401 K pension plan. You will have opportunities to gain experience, grow and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you are working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight – your contributions will have an influence.
Experience and Skills we value:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of technical writing experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an office environment
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Oracle Cloud
- INow • Acrobat Pro
- MyUL Portal
What will put you ahead:
- Ability to work independently and interpersonally with various personalities.
- Attention to detail, with a commitment to deliver high quality results on time.
- An excellent communicator both written and oral.
- Understanding of how to navigate my UL portal to review reports, documents, invoices, quotes and letters of acknowledgements.
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.) Frequent:
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze.
- Perform calculations.
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular