RPC Specialist - Additive Manufacturing
Christie Digital Systems USA
RPC Specialist - Additive Manufacturing
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Rapid Prototyping Specialist to be part of an innovative team that is pushing the boundaries of technology. You will have the opportunity to support the next generation of Christie’s products by manufacturing components for development programs and production using the additive manufacturing technologies in-house. You will lead the Additive Manufacturing department within the Rapid Prototyping Centre and support the exploration of new technologies, materials and applications to expand the in-house capabilities and further equip the department to face challenges seen in a high-tech, fast paced industry.
- Lead the Additive Manufacturing Department within the Rapid Prototyping Centre
- Manufacture components as requested by Engineering and Supply Chain using in-house additive machines and other manufacturing methods
- Consult for Design for Manufacturing (DFM) for additive production components
- Explore new material, processes and technologies to further expand in-house capabilities
- Troubleshoot and problem solve part and additive machine related issues
- Manage inventory of consumables and perform general maintenance on all in-house additive machines
- Provide guidance to Engineering on designing for additive to ensure the highest build quality
- Support the Quality Management System for development and production components
- Modify existing designs and components as requested
- Take a creative approach to design and where necessary, make recommendations for improvements
- Support other development tasks as required
Location: onsite based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Certified General Machinist OR Mechanical Technologist with 5+ years of experience
- Strong hands-on experience with a passion for additive manufacturing and problem solving
- Experience with additive manufacturing machines – ideally Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), PolyJet and/or Stereolithography (SLA)
- Knowledge/Experience of SolidWorks an asset
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings and GD&T
- Ability to perform part inspection using a variety of equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office software
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
What will put you ahead:
- Experience with any of the following additive manufacturing machines: Stratasys FDM 400/450/900, Objet Connex 500 or 3D System iPro8000
- Knowledge or experience of metal prototyping methods
- Knowledge or experience with prototype casting methods like urethane molds
- CNC Programming experience using MasterCAM
- Experience operating HAAS/Okuma/RoboDrill CNC machine centers/controls
- Mechanical and material testing experience
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular