Customer Service and Training Engineer
Christie Digital Systems USA
Customer Service and Training Engineer
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
The Customer Service and Training Engineer is responsible for providing field-based product repair, maintenance and installation services in the EMEA region.
What we’re offering
You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues and repairing and/or updating AV system, Interactive media systems, software and related equipment in a timely manner either on-site or through remote technical support
- Performing timely and effective service activities on customer sites within designated market, meeting or exceeding customer expectations for efficient system operation
- Performing preventative scheduled maintenance to ensure optimum operation and a minimum of down time of AV system, Interactive media systems, software and related equipment.
- Increasing end user ability to effectively operate and maintain the system through onsite technical training relating to the operation of AV system, Interactive media systems, software and related equipment.
- Setting up and supporting live events/screening for special event in accordance with established standards and regulations
- Coordinating equipment repairs, tools availability, RMA parts and PM parts for maintenance accurately and timely to support team to allocate the material and resources accordingly.
- BS/BA in a technical field (Electrical or Software) (or equivalent technical experience)
- 2 - 5 years of Customer Service Engineer / Field Application experience in the AV industry
- Ability to diagnose and repair complex technical problems independently
- High knowledge of analogue and digital theory related to LCD/CRT/DMD projectors
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication, Presentation/Teaching skills
- Understanding of customer requirements and relationships
- Benefit if fluent in any of these languages (German, French, Spanish, others), as a plus. English is a must.
Christie is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All of the information collected in this job application form is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job applied for. We will use the information provided by you on this form, by the referees you have noted, and the educational institutions with whom we may undertake to verify your qualifications with, for recruitment purposes only. The Company will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 95
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Job End Date Wednesday, July 31, 2024