Sr. Product Developer, Software
Christie Digital Systems USA
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a passionate software developer to help us develop our in-house projection mapping software. We continually take on challenges in the projection mapping space that haven’t been solved before. As a key member of our team, you will help drive the development of our projection mapping product, Mystique.
- Create display solutions for public attractions viewed by millions of people worldwide
- Learn from and contribute to an industry leader in display technologies
- Develop your skills in computer vision, projection, and spatial manipulation related technologies
- Build and play with complete projection systems: virtually, at your desk, in our labs, and at customer sites
- Write and maintain production code
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Work collaboratively with team members, users, and other stakeholders
- Work as part of an agile software team
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Supervise co-operative education students
- Lead feature development projects
- Drive design and architecture discussions
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with software development professionals who act as mentors within the team. We help to provide solutions for attractions such as cinemas, theme parks, museums, conventions, arenas, and many other public venues where projection is used to help create stunning displays. Our product developments focus mainly on enhancing our customer experience and making new projection experiences possible. You will work on projects that are deployed world-wide that inspire and delight our customers and their guests, as well as adding value for internal teams. Your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Math, Computer/Software Engineering, or similar
- 10 or more years of professional software development experience
- Experience developing software in C++.
- Problem Solving, Spatial Reasoning Skills
- Object-Oriented development skills
- Strong desire for continuous learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Project or technical leadership experience
What will put you ahead:
- Experience with computer vision technologies and hardware
- Experience developing software for distributed systems.
- Mentoring experience
- Solid understanding of optimization and software performance evaluation
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary