Sr Design Engineer: Mechanical
Christie Digital Systems USA
Sr Design Engineer: Mechanical
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Mechanical / Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our cross functional engineering team to support Christie’s advanced R&D and new product development. You will help enable the next generation of Christie products by supporting R&D activities including design, analysis, research, prototyping and lab testing. A successful candidate will have a broad engineering and technical background with experience in some or all the following areas: opto-mechanical design, electronics packaging, CAD modeling (Solidworks preferred), thermal/structural analysis and optical testing, modeling and analysis.
- This role will be a combination of design and hands-on lab work and calls for an agile individual with a versatile skill set. The role encompasses all facets of product development; from CAD design and detailing to performance simulation, and advanced testing and verification. Success in this role requires one to navigate cross-functional aspects of product development through specification development, prototyping, system integration and commercialization. You will be able to see the immediate impact of your efforts in the technology we produce which captivates audiences at cinemas, theme parks and sports arenas across the globe
What we are offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched 401 K pension plan.
You will have opportunities to gain experience, grow and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you are working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight – your contributions will have influence.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Opto-Mechanical experience including optical system design and the mounting of lenses, prism and other optical elements
- Proficient in the use of 3DParametric Solid Modeling, CAD Packages (preferably SolidWorks), and the development of detailed engineering drawings using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing techniques
- Aptitude for hands on building and testing of parts and assemblies
- Ability to perform and prioritize tasks with minimal oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will put you ahead:
- Experience with Texas Instruments DLP DMD technology
- Experience with optical systems and/or digital projection
- Familiarity with basic optical design principles and optical system performance characteristics
- Experience with electrical assembly and/or system integration
- Experience with designing and implementing thermal solutions for electronics, electro-optics and optics including forced air, liquid, heat pipes, TECs etc.
- Experience in the following design areas:
- Machined parts, sheet metal parts and assemblies, mechanisms, Injection molded plastic, and casting
- Experience in the following could be an asset:
- Using DFMA, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Poka-Yoke design tools
- Mechanical simulation (FEA) tools
- Knowledge of machining, manufacturing, and rapid prototyping techniques
- Structural, Opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, and thermal design
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.)
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze
- Perform calculations
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Salary