Advanced Product Developer, Mechanical
Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
Advanced Product Developer, Mechanical
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a passionate, agile Advanced Product Developer, Mechanical with versatile skill set. This role encompasses all facets of product development; from CAD design and detailing to performance simulation, and advanced testing and verification. Success in this role requires one to navigate cross-functional aspects of product development through specification development, system integration and commercialization. You have these opportunities to develop and deliver high quality products in mechanical design.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to develop high quality mechanical designs for professional projection systems.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to ensure all stakeholders are aligned on all aspects of the mechanical build and production.
- Create, maintain, and verify drawings using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology, ensuring quality of content and conformance with standards and regulations.
- Produce detailed designs, including performing calculations, material specifications, and design briefs.
- Leading and mentoring team members
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched pension plan. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 7+ years’ experience in the design of mechanical and preferably optical devices
- Proficient in the use of 3DParametic Solid Modeling, CAD Packages, (Preferably SolidWorks), and the development of detailed engineering drawings using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing techniques.
- An exceptional team player with experience leading mechanical developers as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Aptitude for hands on building and testing of parts and assemblies
- Expert at designing for mid-volume manufacturing and cost optimization
- Preferable experience working with offshore contract manufacturers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will put you ahead:
- Using DFMA, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Poka-Yoke design tools
- Mechanical simulation (FEA) tools
- Knowledge of machining, manufacturing, and rapid prototyping techniques
- Structural, Opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, and thermal design
- P. Eng. Designation
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular