Intermediate Staff Accountant
Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
Intermediate Staff Accountant
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for Intermediate Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. You’ll have the opportunities to apply generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements while ensuring appropriate accounting controls procedures are effective.
- Prepare reconciliation for prepaid expenses, accrued expenses schedules, FX adjustments, reconciliations and other schedules needed in the preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements and posts related journal entries
- Prepare audit schedules and quarterly consolidated financial statements to facilitate engagements with external auditors to ensure timely close
- Liaise with third party service providers to ensure the accuracy of our financial record
- Compile data and complete government surveys and censuses
- Maintain organized and accurate financial records and documentation
- Ensure adherence to accounting principles and company policies
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets
Location: Hybrid position in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched pension plan.
You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- Post Secondary education in accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or actively working towards CPA designation
- 3-5 of proven experience in accounting
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
What will put you ahead:
- Public accounting experience
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational planning, time management, and problem-solving skills
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary