Sr FPGA Design Engineer
Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
Sr FPGA Design Engineer
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior FPGA Developer to join our cross functional engineering team to support Christie’s advanced R&D and new product design. You will support the design and commercialization of Christie’s next generation of video processing hardware. Your desire to get involved and innovate solutions to unique challenges are essential attributes of the role. You will be able to see the immediate impact of your efforts in the technology we produce which captivates audiences at cinemas, theme parks and sports arenas across the globe.
As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for evaluating requirements, architecture development, and detailed FPGA design, implementing complex, high-resolution and high-performance video processing circuits in the latest FPGA technologies. You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of embedded software and hardware developers, participating in design reviews and ensuring robust operation between software applications and video processing components.
What we're offering:
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched 401 K pension plan. You will have opportunities to gain experience, grow and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you are working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight – your contributions will have influence.
The experience and skills we value:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or electrical Engineering, or equivalent field of study
- 10+ years of professional FPGA or ASIC development experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed FPGA architectures.
- Strong understanding of an FPGA or ASIC design flow, including RTL design with System Verilog/Verilog/VHDL, simulation, logic synthesis and timing closure
- Experience with Xilinx or Intel FPGA devices and development tools
- Knowledge and experience with video systems and specification standards such as HDMI, DisplayPort and SDI, video processing algorithms, high-speed memory interfaces and communication protocols using multi-gigabit SERDES.
- Strong debug and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will put you ahead:
- Leadership capability and desire to mentor others
- Familiarity with PCB design, layout, and debug
- Experience with FPGA based SoC or soft microprocessor cores.
- Coding experience with C++ and other scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Tcl
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking concepts
- Understanding of High-Level Synthesis design flows
- Standing, Bending, Pushing/Pulling
- Light Lifting (up to 25 lbs.), Moderate (25-50 lbs.) to Heavy (50 lbs.+)
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Travel (ex. Noise Volume etc.)
- Reading and Writing
- Ability to Comprehend
- Sitting and using finger movements
- Communicating orally
- Handling objects (manual dexterity)
- Reason and analyze.
- Perform calculations.
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Salary