Location: GTA; Hybrid
At Carebook, our mission is to create a world of connected health that empowers individuals and brings organizations towards a proactive and lifelong commitment to wellbeing. We believe in a world where everyone has the opportunity to be actively engaged and fully supported in managing and improving their overall health.
Established in 2014, Carebook is a publicly-traded company that acquired both InfoTech and CoreHealth Technologies in 2021, allowing us to expand our family of SaaS platforms to support the well-being journeys of over 3.5 million people and cater to Fortune 10 and 500 companies.
With well-being at the heart of everything we do, when you work at Carebook, you’re joining a multi-disciplinary team, passionate about solving problems through innovative technology and collaboration with a culture grounded in personal growth and well-being.
Having become certified a Great Place To Work and made the Best Workplaces in Quebec and Best Workplaces for Inclusion lists in 2022, our focus on our people shows and, although our team may be spread across the country as a remote company, we always have a team-first mentality in a remote-first and flexible environment so you can do your best work anywhere in Canada or at one of our office locations in Montreal, Winnipeg or Kelowna!
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to join our Finance team. The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for the company, including managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank and credit card statements, and ensuring compliance with IFRS accounting standards.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work well under pressure. They should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain accurate financial records for the company, including managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank and credit card statements, and recording financial transactions in the general ledger.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing tasks
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and other members of the Finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- CPA designation or progress towards it is an asset.
Perks of Working at Carebook
- Employee Stock Option Plan for everyone (ESOP)
- High-quality Benefits – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, health benefits (including telemedicine service with Maple available to both yourself & your family 24/7) and recognition
- Work-Life Balance – Remote-first hybrid work model + flexible hours
- Regular in-person or virtual events/get-togethers [Optional]
- EDI and Wellness Committees to partake in to prioritize & promote diversity, health and wellness
- Personal & Professional Development – Mentorship Program designed to promote our employees’ personal growth, professional development and continuous learning
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Carebook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace and culture that is directly impacted by the various perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences of our Team Members. We’re committed to this because our core values demand it - values like Respect, Curiosity & Creativity and One Team. We believe that everyone can contribute something unique to the company, to our products and that teamwork makes the dream work. For these reasons, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.