Marketing Specialist - Content
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
At Cardata, our goal is to provide cost-effective and accurate ways to reimburse drivers for using their personal vehicles for work. We partner closely with our customers to provide best-in-class support, service and technology to Drive What Matters for them and their employees.
We recently secured an investment of over $100M to fuel our vision of building a complete vehicle management platform. Read more here.
Who You Are
Cardata is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join the team and support the execution of all content production. You will be an integral part of the growth team at Cardata and work directly with the Content Marketing Manager and the VP of Growth to support the overall execution of all content and SEO initiatives.
Although this may be your first job, or you might have a couple of years of experience, you will have tangible projects and significant responsibility to drive impact through the growth team and beyond. You are a writer first and foremost with an interest in photo, video and audio content. This is an ideal role for an ambitious and curious individual looking to break into growth marketing, make a meaningful impact, and learn from a strong team.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for writing website pages, long form blog posts, short form ad copy, social media posts, press releases, video scripts and more.
- Your writing and editing skillset is adaptable and versatile to keep up with Cardata's evolving writing needs.
- Conduct keyword research, industry analysis, and trend research as needed to inform the content roadmap.
- Support the Content Marketing Manager in building the content roadmap and coordinate the distribution of content briefs to freelancers. Content types will include: SEO Content, Demand Generation Content, Product Marketing Content, and Social Content.
- Create and distribute content briefs to freelancers on all other forms of content such as: video, podcast, and long-form reports.
- Maintain working relationships with freelancers as directed.
- Execute on assigned pieces of the content roadmap by writing SEO content and contributing significantly to any copywriting in the categories of SEO content, Demand Gen content, Product Content, Social Content, as needed to complement freelancer work.
- Analyze content performance across all channels to determine adoption and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of content and exploring new avenues for content distribution.
- Publish all forms of multimedia content on the website and social media channels, or elsewhere as directed.
What You'll Bring
- Excellent written and editing skills; ideally a recent undergraduate degree in a discipline that emphasizes writing skills.
- Experience using content management systems is preferred.
- Data analysis skill is an asset.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs/Semrush, Screaming Frog, is an asset.
- Video editing, filming, and diverse multimedia skills is a strong asset.
- Prior experience in content writing, market research, and marketing generalist preferred but not required.
- Prior work experience, especially in a startup environment, preferred but not required
- This role will be required to attend the Toronto office twice a week.
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
Competitive salary + bonus
Opportunity to work remotely
Flexible working hours
Medical & Dental Benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
Healthcare spending account
Wellness spending account
15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.