Software Developer in Test
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At Cardata, our goal is to provide cost-effective and accurate ways to reimburse drivers for using their personal vehicles for work. We partner closely with our customers to provide best-in-class support, service and technology to Drive What Matters for them and their employees.
We recently secured an investment of over $100M to fuel our vision of building a complete vehicle management platform. Read more here.
Who You Are
You are a key player in the development of Cardata’s products. You will collaborate cross functionally with teams like engineering and product to test, identify, and isolate issues within the software and contribute to the successful execution of product upgrades and bug fixes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with engineers and the business to discuss and develop resolutions for identified problems/bugs to ensure product functionality is working as expected
- Define, update and execute end to end test/use cases to validate Cardata Cloud and Mobile applications functionality and Rest API's (Manual and Automated)
- Analyze, debugs logs, inspects database inputs and payloads to help with verifying product functionality and understanding failures
- Log and validate defects for test failures using a defect tracking tool
- Research tools and test approaches and participate in team growth
- Act as liaison between Support and Development to increase the quality of information captured by and conveyed to support around customer reported issues
- Conduct real time in car testing of the product
What You'll Bring
- Must have access to a car and be fully licenced (valid) to conduct testing
- Education in software engineering, computer science, or another related program
- 3+ years of experience in a QA role (Co-op experience counts) or equivalent experience in Customer Support with Cardata Products
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work well both independently and as part of a team. You will represent our customers by thinking, understanding and acting on behalf of our customers
- Open to receiving feedback, asking questions and seeking continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with common development/QA tools & processes such as JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Pytest, Playwright, Maestro, Appium Git/Bitbucket, Firebase etc…
- Good understanding of Operating Systems: Mobile (IOS and Android) and Desktop (MacOS and Windows) and Server (AWS)Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks, learns, and contributes to the team and performs well defined tasks
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
Competitive salary + bonus
Opportunity to work remotely
Flexible working hours
Medical & Dental Benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
Healthcare spending account
Wellness spending account
15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.