Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
At Cardata, our goal is to provide cost-effective and accurate ways to reimburse drivers for using their personal vehicles for work. We partner closely with our customers to provide best-in-class support, service and technology to Drive What Matters for them and their employees.
We recently secured an investment of over $100M to fuel our vision of building a complete vehicle management platform. Read more here.
Who You Are
We are seeking a dedicated mobile developer (Android specific) to join our new Cardata Mobile team. You will collaborate as part of a team of developers to work on creating and maintaining the Cardata mobile applications. As a main Android developer, you will need to be familiar with the Android ecosystem and mobile app development, including familiarity with popular app frameworks and software development best practices. You will be responsible for maintaining existing codebases, including bug fixing while following all coding guidelines and industry best practices. As an intermediate engineer on our small but mighty engineering team, your work will have a high impact and influence on the direction and evolution of the Cardata product!
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning and retrospective sessions to ensure developments are properly scoped and scheduled
- Design and develop apps for the Android ecosystem, including fixing known bugs in existing Android applications and adding new features
- Work with external software libraries and APIs
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with team members to create web and mobile design features based on customer feedback and company needs
- Stay up to date on developments in web applications and programming languages
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent educational experience (ex. Brainstation, Lighthouse Labs)
- Solid understanding of common programming tools and paradigms, such as version control, use of frameworks, and common design patterns
- Proficiency with Android Studio and Android SDK tools
- Excellent knowledge of the Java programming language
- Familiarity with mobile applications and development, including the use of hardware such as accelerometers, cameras, and gyroscopes
- Comfortable working as part of a cross-functional team and with code written by others
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze situations and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Knowledge of React Native is a strong asset
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
Competitive salary + bonus
Opportunity to work remotely
Flexible working hours
100% employer paid benefits
Healthcare spending account
Wellness spending account
15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.