Lead Mobile Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
At Cardata, our goal is to simplify the administrative and financial burdens experienced by companies with employees on the road. We partner with our customers to find the easiest and most cost-effective solution, using best-in-class technology, to reimburse their employees for using their personal vehicles for work.
As the Lead Mobile Engineer, you’ll own the design and develop front and back-end architecture to bring to life new features, upgrades and custom developments on the Cardata Mobile application. You’ll leverage your expertise in various languages and technologies to ensure responsiveness and utility of features, create and deploy bug fixes, and develop an exceptional user interface. You will lead a team of mobile engineers and mentor and coach them to help them develop in their craft.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead a team of mobile engineers in the design, development and maintenance of mobile application
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning and retrospective sessions to ensure developments are properly scoped and scheduled
- Using your technical expertise to develop highly available, secure, and scalable mobile (Android and iOS) application features
- Define the overall technical architecture and strategy for mobile application development
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with Product team members to create mobile design features based on customer feedback and company needs
- Develop and deploy APIs to effectively integrate the Cardata product with our clients’ existing enterprise systems
- Stay informed of developments in mobile applications and programming languages
- Mentor and coach junior mobile engineers on best practices and technical skills
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in software development or engineering, with at least 3 years' experience building and maintaining iOS and Android applications and at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Understanding of database technology (MySQL/MariaDB), sourcing and staging
- Strong time management, with an aptitude for breaking down complex problems into several simpler problems to deliver them incrementally
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze situations and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with a strong sense of accountability and ability to take ownership of tasks
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent educational experience (ex. Brainstation, Lighthouse Labs)
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
Competitive salary + bonus
Opportunity to work remotely
Flexible working hours
100% employer paid benefits
Healthcare spending account
Wellness spending account
15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.
See more open positions at Cardata
Something looks off?