Senior Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR
Remote · Ontario, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients, so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. CapIntel’s cutting-edge sales enablement platform empowers enterprises to seamlessly bridge efficiency and communication gaps. Our platform revolutionizes how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors, ensuring a transformative experience in the wealth industry.
With a remarkable 750% growth in 2021 and a successful $14M Series A funding, CapIntel is expanding at an unprecedented pace. Our relentless commitment to innovation drives us to build a dynamic team, strengthening our ability to make a significant impact on the wealth industry landscape in 2023 and beyond.
About the Role
At CapIntel, the Talent Enablement team are culture champions that build programs to achieve CapIntel’s strategic goals through empowered and fired-up people. As Human Resources Business Partner, you’ll work with leaders across the business to create experiences that focus on:
1. Purpose - ensuring our people understand our mission and how their contributions elevates wealth for all.
2. Community – fostering a culture where people have meaningful connections, are appreciated and valued for who they are, and can show up as their whole & best selves.
3. Growth and development – creating an environment where people have opportunities to be challenged, to develop personally and professionally, acquire new skills, learn, and have a safe space to practice extreme ownership.
4. Meaningful recognition - providing meaningful rewards through competitive compensation, benefits and perks, and experiences.
What you'll do
- Build high trust relationships with leaders and employees at all levels
- Influence the direction of our Talent initiatives by accessing people & business needs and advocating for the employees; partnering with the business to build programs to retain and develop talent
- Advise and coach management on building high performing teams with a focus on talent management, org/job design, team connections, compensation, etc
- Lead new hire onboarding, total rewards, employee engagement initiatives
- Optimize talent processes, programs, metrics and tech stack
- Lead performance reviews and talent assessments across the business
- Come up with creative & fun solutions to embed a culture of Extreme Ownership
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to create and execute growth and recruitment strategies
- Several years of experience working as a Human Resources Business Partner or Generalist ideally in a Digital First Canadian tech or high growth company
- Strong leadership, trust building, and influencing skills
- Superior problem solver with good judgment and the ability to be resourceful
- Knowledge of employment and workplace legislation in Canada
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver high quality work while working collaboratively
- Experience designing and implementing leadership development programming
- Experience with change management strategies
We know that what matters most is a positive attitude, a hunger to learn, and the drive to create quality work and get results. While we value experience and specific kinds of knowledge, we also know that sometimes it’s a roundabout career journey. And if you’re not sure you meet the experience requirements for this position, but you know in your gut that you’ve got what it takes to bring this role to the next level, we’d like to hear from you!
What we can offer you
- Remote first work: We’re a Canadian based, remote-first environment, with in-office collaboration zones and individual workspaces in Gatineau, QC or Halifax, NS and hubs of virtual employees in Southwestern Ontario). Our core business hours are 9:30am – 3:30pm EST. Successful candidates will be expected to adopt those core hours as part of their regular schedule, regardless of physical location.
- Salary: We’re proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present our best salary offer so you don’t have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits: Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and if something doesn’t quite meet your needs, we also offer a generous flex credits to allow you to top up your coverage in whatever way is meaningful to you! You’ll be able to allocate your flex credits to any combination of our Group RSP, Healthcare Spending Account and/or Lifestyle Spending Account.
- Time away from work: We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, life-care days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too! Our vacation benefits increase along with your time at CapIntel, to thank and reward your continued commitment.
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys by learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve. All new hires will receive an onboarding success plan to help you progress during your first 90 days at CapIntel.
- Belonging: We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our “safe-to-fail” environment. We’re committed to making sure you know you’re appreciated for exactly who you are.
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are a strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.