Senior Designer - UX / UI
Bilingual team based in Montreal (Beaubien metro) with an open office and terrace in Little Italy. Allo, on parle français aussi!
What drives us
Packaging is everywhere. It creates 50% of the total waste collected in our cities and 32% of them end up in nature and waterways. By 2050, they will cause 15% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
We know we cannot live without packaging to transport objects every day but at Cano, our mission is to eliminate single use packaging. Together, we will create smarter and reusable solutions.
We help major food chains, universities and corporations reduce waste, CO2 emissions and boost customer loyalty.
Why are we called Cano? To move, without leaving a trace.
You will be creating an amazing retail mobile application used by thousands of people daily to borrow reusable containers and win rewards for sustainable actions. That's our vision, and there's a lot we can do ;). Every day, you will collaborate with software engineers and participate in all phases of the product development cycle.
This is a great opportunity to apply your UX/UI skills, learn new multidisciplinary design practices and grow into a leadership/management position.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Create clean and elegant UI while maintaining an intuitive and concise UX
- Design UI mockups, user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Design and manage brand guidelines for our mobile app, digital assets and website
- Support our industrial design (reusable products), graphic design and branding activities
If you have a combination of the skills below, we would like to meet you for coffee / tea / just water:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design, Industrial or Product Design
- 2+ years professional experience in UX/UI design
- Experience with the latest research and wireframing tools (e.g. Figma)
- Experience creating mobile apps, websites and digital assets (Strong portfolio)
- Passion for customer journey mapping and A/B testing
- Passion for sustainability
- Worked on mature mobile apps
- Relevant experience in graphic and industrial design
- Startup experience and an entrepreneurial spirit
What we offer
- Competitive compensation based on skills and passion !
- Employee stock option plan (own part of the company)
- Flexible schedule and time off (we mean it)
- Work from home with weekly team meetings at the office
- Company sponsored happy hours and team events
- Open space office in Little Italy (Beaubien metro) with a large terrace
- Full health benefits
Follow us on FB and IG : Cano Company / @canocompany
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.