Product Manager, Growth
Product, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Greetings! I'm Bryan, the Chief Technology Officer at Boxhub, where we're building an exciting new online platform for shipping containers. As an engineer at heart, I relish the challenge of tackling complex technical problems. But as a seasoned leader, I also know that the best solutions are often the product of collaborative teamwork. That's why I'm focused on assembling a team of top-notch product squads who will work together to create a suite of innovative products that our customers will adore. And that's where you come in! We're currently seeking a Product Manager to join our team and help us shape the future of shipping – one container at a time. Together, we can make a meaningful difference in creating a more sustainable world.
Boxhub is not only a tech company; we also sell shipping containers to people who need them. Every day, our sales teams navigate conversations with customers they're closing to ensure our delivery of shipping containers can succeed as we deliver 8-10 thousand pounds of steel across dry land and terrain. The problems you will have the opportunity to solve require not only your sales skills but are also technical and logistical. Working with Boxhub will offer you new problems to solve, which, in turn, offers new skills to add to your tool belt.
Shipping containers transport 90-95% of the world’s goods. Without them, the global supply chain would grind to a halt. Our reliance on them is incredible — but the way they’re traded isn’t.
At Boxhub, we’re on a mission to make shipping container trade easy and efficient for everyone. We believe greater access to retired shipping containers can help people live smarter, entrepreneurs create quicker, and businesses grow faster. By extending the life of shipping containers and reducing the carbon-heavy practice of empty repositioning, our vision is to build a more sustainable world — one container at a time.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We recently closed a Series A and are looking for new team members who are as passionate as we are about changing the shipping industry.
About the role:
As a Product Manager, Growth, you'll lead our product strategy to transform the way shipping containers are purchased from offline to online with a user-centric approach - focusing on our customer experience. You’ll do this by leveraging insights gained from data analysis, product discovery, and collaboration efforts with cross-functional teams. You’ll take on the lead and responsibility of building the best customer experience for the shipping container industry by creating a high quality product. Your experience in ecommerce or marketplace web platforms will be key in delivering impactful solutions that delight our customers and are aligned with our business goals.
- Leading product discovery efforts by utilizing data-driven insights and conducting comprehensive user research to identify market opportunities and user needs.
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders to define and execute on product roadmaps, incorporating critical thinking and insights to align with business goals and providing the best value to the end user.
- Guiding a tech squad through agile methodologies, ensuring effective sprint planning, prioritization, and output.
- Defining and prioritizing user stories, epics, and features based on research, customer needs, and business objectives discovered during the product discovery phase.
- Driving product development in collaboration with engineering, design, customer success, marketing and other cross functional teams, ensuring timely delivery and quality.
- Measuring and analyzing product performance using growth-driven metrics and KPIs while iterating and optimizing through a data driven approach.
- Communicating our product vision, updates, and progress to stakeholders across the organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- You're experienced in owning a complete product and have built and shipped products that customers love, working cross-functionally on complex product challenges in an agile environment.
- You’ve guided technical-focused product squads through fast and frequent deployment.
- You’ve ideally had experience in e-commerce or marketplace web platforms and can speak to how product development has impacted revenue growth.
- You have a proven track record of leading product discovery efforts, using data-driven insights to shape product strategies into deliverable features with business impact.
- Your understanding of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) is solid, and you’re able to lead team standups, scrums, retros, etc.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders.
- You’re a strategic thinker, a problem solver and can drive decisions.
The Interview Process
- 1: 30-minute interview with People & Culture
- 2: 60-minute interview with Bryan McEire (CTO) & Jay Bhardwaj (Product Manager)
- 3: Work on a take home case study
- 4: 90-minute presentation with Bryan McEire (CTO), Jay Bhardwaj (Product Manager), Alif Mollick (RevOps Manager), Hannah Swinkin (Head of Marketing), Max Birner (CEO)
- 5: 30-minute cultural interview with Max Birner (CEO)
- 6: Reference Check & Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account you get access to on day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- Learning and development budget to support your professional growth
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com