Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Greetings! I'm Bryan, the Chief Technology Officer at Boxhub, where we're building an exciting new online platform for shipping containers. As an engineer at heart, I relish the challenge of tackling complex technical problems. But as a seasoned leader, I also know that the best solutions are often the product of collaborative teamwork. That's why I'm focused on assembling a team of top-notch product squads who will work together to create a suite of innovative products that our customers will adore. And that's where you come in! We're currently seeking our first Product Manager to join our team and support us on a new product and help us shape the future of shipping – one container at a time. Together, we can make a meaningful difference in creating a more sustainable world.
Boxhub is an e-commerce & logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many storage and building projects. We believe that giving our customers better access to containers, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can generate a substantial positive impact and help save thousands of tons of CO2 per year.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We were recently listed by VC's as one of the most promising marketplaces of 2022 and are looking for new team members who are equally passionate about changing an entire industry.
- Leading the product management lifecycle end-to-end for all Supplier Experience Services products.
- Founding a new product and experience from an initial vision and concept and transforming it into an actionable product and viable business proposition that delights our final users and makes their lives easier.
- Contributing to the product vision and roadmap, prioritizing features that will provide the best end-user value and maintaining backlogs.
- Conducting and implementing a user research approach and thinking critically about solving customer pain points, the user needs and wants.
- Facilitating standups, scrums, retrospectives and sprints and ensuring the team works to Agile best practice.
- Establishing clear OKRs for your product and utilizing data to monitor, measure and assess key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other team members, learning from them too.
What you bring to the table
- You're experienced in owning a complete product and have built and shipped products that customers love, working cross-functionally on complex product challenges.
- You have proven experience building products from idea to MVP and continuous iteration that drives positive user experience and business results.
- You're knowledgeable in building B2B SaaS platforms and the unique user personas you're solving for.
- You're an expert in user research; you can interview users and collect feedback and data to translate their needs into business requirements.
- You have a good understanding of technical concepts and the ability to collaborate with engineers and product design.
The interview process
- 1: 30-minute Phone screen with Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- 2: 60-minute Virtual Interview with Bryan McEire (CTO)
- 3: Practical exercise to understand your thought process and problem-solving skills
- 4: 60-minute In-person Interview to go through the exercise with Max Birner (CEO), Bryan McEire (CTO), Tarun Somani (COO) and Hannah Swinkin (Head of Marketing)
- 5: 30-minute Cultural interview with Max Birner (CEO)
- 6: Reference Check
- 7. Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account from day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at BOXHUB
Something looks off?