Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
Hello, I'm Maximilian Birner, Co-Founder & CEO at Boxhub. As we’re currently in hyper-growth mode, I’m seeking a Head of Marketing to add rocket fuel to our demand generation funnels. If you're a seasoned & data-driven GTM leader with a hybrid B2C/B2B skillset craving a high impact role, this role is for you!
Shipping containers transport 90-95% of the world’s goods. Without them, the global supply chain would grind to a halt. Our reliance on them is incredible — but the way they’re traded isn’t.
At Boxhub, we’re on a mission to make shipping container trade easy and efficient for everyone. We believe greater access to retired shipping containers can help people live smarter, entrepreneurs create quicker, and businesses grow faster. By extending the life of shipping containers and reducing the carbon-heavy practice of empty repositioning, our vision is to build a more sustainable world — one container at a time.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We recently closed a Series A and are looking for new team members who are as passionate as we are about changing the shipping industry.
- Building sustainable, scalable, and repeatable engines of growth that will help drive Boxhub through our next stage of business and beyond.
- Translating B2C & B2B business and sales strategies into actionable multi-channel growth programs.
- Working alongside cross-functional stakeholders to create, launch, and optimize inbound and outbound GTM strategies.
- Owning our lead generation and top-of-funnel acquisition strategies across multiple audiences and mediums, overseeing execution, implementation, and reporting.
- Collaborating closely with sales development and sales leadership to ensure leads and opportunities are tracked, prioritized, reported, and progressed through the funnel, creating a predictable demand generation engine.
- Driving financial modelling of campaigns with the team, ensuring growth budget and resources are allocated efficiently to maximize growth efficiency and ROI.
- Making data-led decisions to continually test & optimize ROI and the right channel budget mix to achieve goals.
- Launching, measuring, and optimizing Boxhub’s presence through a blend of traditional and online channels.
- Analyzing gaps/opportunities in the buyer journey and identifying the necessary programs, content, or enablement materials in collaboration with sales, marketing, and product stakeholders.
- Leading a talented team of marketers, fostering a collaborative and growth-minded culture.
- Building a culture of rapid experimentation, creativity and ability to be on the forefront of growth innovation; explore different opportunities to drive growth (like AI!).
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to enhance and continue building best-in-class MarTech stack to support e-commerce & enterprise growth.
What You Bring to the Table
- You have extensive growth experience with a track record of both standing up growth efforts from scratch and building a growth team.
- You have in depth experience with managing multi-channel lead generation programs (ideally both B2C & B2B full-funnel), preferably in a revenue-focused marketing organization.
- You have proven experience driving exponential growth while simultaneously optimizing LTV/CAC ratios.
- You’re an empathetic and results-driven people manager; you’re a coach and know how to get the best out of your people.
- You possess a deep understanding of SEO and SEM, paid social, and email marketing channels and can speak to your ability to drive impactful results.
- You have a strong track record of driving step-change growth and rapid market launches in hyper-growth scale-up environments.
- You’re experienced with managing successful sales-led (inbound & outbound) & product-led GTM motions simultaneously.
- You have depth and breadth when it comes to analytics, but also an engaging storyteller when it comes to presenting and sharing data insights.
The Interview Process
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account you get access to on day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- Learning and development budget to support your professional growth
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com