Head of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Greetings! I'm Tarun Somani, the Chief Operations Officer at Boxhub. Our team is committed to revolutionizing the trade, transportation, and usage of shipping containers, and we're doing this by scaling innovative operations and providing transparency and accessibility when purchasing them. With my wealth of operational and marketplace experience, I'm leading a team of experts driving exponential growth at Boxhub. And now, I'm thrilled to announce that we're looking to hire a Head of Sales. This role will lead the inbound and outbound Enterprise, SMB and Consumer sales teams toward success in hitting our ambitious revenue goals.
Boxhub is not only a tech company; we also sell Shipping containers to people who need them. Every day, our sales teams navigate conversations with customers they're closing to ensure our delivery of shipping containers can succeed as we deliver 8-10 thousand pounds of steel across dry land and terrain. The problems you will have the opportunity to solve require not only your sales skills but are also technical and logistical. Working with Boxhub will offer you new problems to solve, which, in turn, offers new skills to add to your tool belt.
Boxhub is an e-commerce & logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many storage and building projects. We believe that giving our customers better access to containers, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can generate a substantial positive impact and help save thousands of tons of CO2 per year. Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We recently closed a Series A and are looking for new team members who are equally passionate about changing an entire industry.
- Developing and executing our sales strategies to drive revenue growth and achieve/exceed our sales targets.
- Coaching and motivating a high-performing team of inbound and outbound Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Sales Managers and Sales Development Representatives.
- Leading by example, with the ability to roll your sleeves up and demonstrate your ability to the team to close customers.
- Gaining a deep understanding of our customers' pain points and motivations to provide successful training, guidance, and sales strategy recommendations.
- Collaborating with the Executive team to understand wider company goals and targets to define sales OKRs and success metrics.
- Identifying new market opportunities and customer segments to develop strategies to expand our customer base.
- Working with marketing and Rev Ops to develop effective sales enablement materials.
- Implementing and optimizing sales processes and tools, ensuring efficiency and scalability as the company grows.
- Providing regular sales reports and forecasts to the Executive team, highlighting key metrics and insights and utilizing the data to drive your approach to sales strategy.
What you bring to the table
- You have been responsible for sales teams in hyper-growth startup environments
- Bonus points for experience in extremely process- and data-driven environments, e.g. tier 1 consulting firms
- You’ve ideally got experience selling physical products as well as technology sales.
- You’re data-driven in your approach; you can crunch numbers, pull insights and utilize data to make decisions.
- You’re process and operationally-driven towards an effective and efficient sales process, unblocking the team at all costs.
- You have in-depth experience in sales tools; ideally Hubspot (big bonus points if you’re an expert!), call dialers, Outbound and prospecting tooling.
- You have a proven track record of motivating and coaching a high-performing sales team, with the ability to push them to exceed targets consistently throughout every month.
The interview process
- 30-minute Phone screen with Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- 60-minute interview with Tarun Somani (COO)
- 60-minute interview with Max Birner (CEO)
- A Data-Driven take home exercise
- 60-minute in-person presentation with Alea (Inbound Sales Manager), Max (CEO), Tarun (COO) and Alif (Revenue Operations Manager)
- Reference Check & Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience and commission
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account you get access to on day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com