Head of Carrier Strategy & Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Greetings! I'm Tarun Somani, the Chief Operations Officer at Boxhub. Our team is committed to revolutionizing the trade, transportation, and usage of shipping containers, and we're doing this by scaling innovative operations in the supply chain, logistics, customer success, and market expansion. With my wealth of operational and marketplace experience, I'm leading a team of experts driving exponential growth at Boxhub. And now, I'm thrilled to announce that we're looking to hire our first-ever Head of Carrier Strategy & Operations. This role will be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of our international expansion plans, overseeing the end-to-end go-to-market process, and managing our daily logistics operations. Let's transform the world of container shipping together!
Boxhub is an e-commerce & logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many storage and building projects. We believe that giving our customers better access to containers, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can generate a substantial positive impact and help save thousands of tons of CO2 per year.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We were recently listed by VC's as one of the most promising marketplaces of 2022 and are looking for new team members who are equally passionate about changing an entire industry.
- Building the strategy and roadmap for expansion to new markets across the US and Canada in 2023 and globally beyond that.
- Understanding each market's key regulations and characteristics to understand the launch requirements and tactics clearly.
- Conducting market research on which countries and cities should be prioritized for launch considering our 3-sided marketplace - demand, supply & logistics.
- Developing a launch playbook which is repeatable and scalable.
- Cross collaborating with finance, marketing, operations and sales teams to define requirements and success metrics for new launches, reviewing them periodically.
- Building a team of Market Launchers who would act as our feet on the ground to enter new markets, recruit initial carrier partners, meet with suppliers & depots and get the engine running.
- Researching, evaluating and rolling out new initiatives to expand our network of carriers across new & existing markets.
- Creating and rolling out the entire lifecycle of a carrier's journey with Boxhub, from acquisition to onboarding, performance management and retention.
- Overseeing the logistics team, who are responsible for running daily operations of scheduling orders and working with our carriers to achieve 100% on-time fulfillment.
What you bring to the table
- You have a solid track record of experience in strategy, market expansion, operations or growth. A combination of consulting and hyper-growth startup environment experience would be ideal.
- You have experience managing, growing and getting the best out of a remote team.
- You're excited to travel as we launch into new markets, and you can build rapport easily in different markets.
- You have phenomenal written and verbal communication skills.
- You've spearheaded new initiatives and have set up new processes.
- You thrive in uncertainty and can develop innovative solutions with minimal guidance while keeping different stakeholders in mind.
- You're comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details to troubleshoot and find solutions.
The interview process
- 1: 30-minute Phone screen with Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- 2: 60-minute in-person Interview with Tarun Somani (COO)
- 3: A case study experience with Tarun Somani (COO), Hannah Swinkin (Head of Marketing) and Priyanka Manikeri (Logistics Lead)
- 3: 60-minute in-person Interview with Max Birner (CEO)
- 5: Reference Check
- 6. Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account you get access to on day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com
See more open positions at Boxhub
Something looks off?