Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Greetings! I'm Bryan, the Chief Technology Officer at Boxhub, where we're building an exciting new online platform for shipping containers. As an engineer at heart, I relish the challenge of tackling complex technical problems. But as a seasoned leader, I also know that the best solutions are often the product of collaborative teamwork. That's why I'm focused on assembling a team of top-notch product squads who will work together to create a suite of innovative products that our customers will adore. And that's where you come in! We're currently seeking our first Product Designer to join our team, support us on a new product, and help us shape the future of shipping – one container at a time. Together, we can make a meaningful difference in creating a more sustainable world.
Boxhub is an e-commerce & logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many storage and building projects. We believe that giving our customers better access to containers, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can generate a substantial positive impact and help save thousands of tons of CO2 per year.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We were recently listed by VC's as one of the most promising marketplaces of 2022 and are looking for new team members who are equally passionate about changing an entire industry.
- Owning the product design process end-to-end, from research to production. This includes user research, journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes, user testing, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Designing delightful visual interfaces and purposeful user experiences that are scalable, recognizable and impactful.
- Collaborating with the CTO, Product Management and the engineering team to prioritize features that provide a compelling user experience and are impactful for our customers.
- Conducting user research to understand the customer's pain points and needs and translate those into elegant, user-friendly solutions.
- Contributing to the evolution of the product design org, including processes, artifacts, tools and design systems and patterns.
- Evangelizing best design practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
What you bring to the table
- You have designed end-to-end UI and UX experiences for multiple products and features
- You have the ability to contribute to design systems, patterns and libraries
- You’re a cross-functional collaborator and are used to working with engineers and product management to create user experiences
- You focus on the user and have an in-depth approach to user-centric design and research
- Your communication style is concise, and you’re able to break down technical concepts to non-technical team members, helping them to understand design feasibility
The interview process
- 1: 30-minute Phone screen with Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- 2: 60-minute Virtual Interview to go through your portfolio and highlight a case study with Bryan McEire (CTO) and Hannah Swinkin (Head of Marketing)
- 3: 60-minute Interview with Bryan McEire (CTO) and Abhinav Verma (Front End Engineer)
- 4: 30-minute Cultural interview with Max Birner (CEO)
- 5: Reference Check
- 6: Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account from day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com
See more open positions at Boxhub
Something looks off?