Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Hi! My name is Emma Hunt, and I'm the Head of People and Culture at Boxhub. With a deep-rooted passion for crafting exceptional employee experiences and scaling dynamic teams, I am thrilled to be part of Boxhub's journey toward remarkable growth. As we embark on an exciting growth trajectory, employee and candidate experiences take center stage as vital contributors to the company's overall health and success, which is why I'm looking for an equally passionate and motivated Office Co-ordinator to take on a multifaceted role to support us in making Boxhub an enjoyable workplace, fostering a welcoming ambiance, and supporting our recruitment operations during this exciting period of expansion.
Boxhub is an e-commerce & logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many storage and building projects. We believe that giving our customers better access to containers, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can generate a substantial positive impact and help save thousands of tons of CO2 per year.
Boxhub is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We were recently listed by VC's as one of the most promising marketplaces of 2022 and are looking for new team members who are equally passionate about changing an entire industry.
- Managing our move into a new office, from logistics to sourcing new furniture and ensuring the office is ready for our employees.
- Providing a top-tier guest experience for our investors, interviewees and other guests who need welcoming.
- Establishing and managing supplier relationships for office supplies, food and snacks, cleaners and couriers etc.
- Assisting in events coordination, from coordinating team offsites to in-office socials and industry events.
- Booking travel for team members across the business, providing them with an easy travel experience.
- Supporting the People and Culture team with scheduling interviews, assisting with onboarding activities, recruitment and people operations admin.
- Performing ad hoc admin tasks for C-suite and business leaders whenever they need your support.
What you bring to the table
- You’re experienced in office administration and coordination; you’ve helped an office run smoothly and jumped into supporting the team and collaborating cross-functionally.
- You’re organized and prioritize well, asking the right questions and being proactive.
- You value employee experience and have created an office environment that employees love to come into.
- You understand the importance of health & safety and are keen to learn about workplace safety by gaining your joint health and safety committee (JHSC) certification (bonus points if you’re certified already!)
- You value inclusion, equity and belonging and embody that through your work and interactions with different people.
Note: This hybrid role will require 3 days a week in the office, and 2 days can be done remotely.
The interview process
- 30-minute Phone screen with Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- A short take-home exercise to assess your approach to supporting teams
- 45-minute interview with Max Birner (CEO) and Emma Hunt (Head of People and Culture)
- Reference Check
- Offer 🥳
What Boxhub Offers
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock Options
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a funded company at an early stage
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits plan, including dental & vision & spending account from day 1
- Free access to Maple and Headspace apps
- A monthly transportation allowance
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid environment - we work remotely 2 days a week
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
Boxhub’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Boxhub, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating an exciting product and an amazing customer and employee experience. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Boxhub’s commitment to accessibility
Boxhub is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please inform us if you require any accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com
See more open positions at Boxhub
Something looks off?