Senior Product Manager
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Who is Bold Commerce
Bold Commerce makes checkout better, helping brands convert more shoppers in more places. As a leader in the composable commerce space, Bold Checkout is the only high-converting, customizable headless solution with built in subscriptions and pricing capabilities, for a checkout without limits.
Named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and Manitoba’s Top Employers, we're a dynamic team that truly cares about building the future of ecommerce. We live by the BUILDERS Code, a shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help shape this remote-first company.
Founded in 2012, with team members (Builders) located throughout Canada and the U.S., and backed by investors like OMERS Ventures, WhiteCap Venture Partners, and Round13 Capital, Bold is leading the way to a better, composable ecommerce future.
Bold is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to help us build the future of ecommerce and create solutions for brands of all sizes. You will collaborate closely with designers, developers, analysts, and other cross-functional team members to innovate and refine our products. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of ecommerce and the needs of our brands, and their shoppers. You will manage the release flow of new features and functionality, prioritizing the backlog of development ideas and measuring the impact and success they have in the market.
We’re looking for a confident communicator with excellent problem solving, the ability to deeply understand customer problems, and make critical trade-off consideration decisions that can drive initiatives from concept to execution.
What you'll do
- Drive product development with your team by deeply understanding the core problem, discovering the best solutions, breaking down the work, prioritizing the roadmap, and delivering results that can be measured by their impact to our customers
- Create and manage the overall product roadmap, scoping development requirements, writing user stories, and keeping your team accountable to timelines and results
- Set and manage expectations, assessing new requests, and respectfully handling turning away lower priority work
- Cultivate relationships across internal and external teams to maintain open lines of communication ensuring everyone is aligned
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the industry, our competitors, and what we need to offer in order to be successful and drive great results for our brands
- Research, identify, and find valuable solutions for new opportunities or gaps in the market
What we're looking for
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a Product Management role
- Must have familiarity with ecommerce platforms both established and up-and-coming, in addition to the MACH alliance
- An understanding of software development, specifically how tech and API’s work; You don’t necessarily need to know a programming language, but you should have a solid understanding of how things work so you can contribute, give relevant feedback, and keep up with your development team
- Ability to evaluate potential opportunities by modeling value to both customers and the business
- Experience bringing new innovations from concept to market adoption
- Exceptional and proven problem solving skills within the ecommerce space
- Experience leading a team or leading an initiative with multiple C level stakeholders
- The ability to thrive and maintain organization in an environment with a lot of moving parts
- Willingness to learn new software, programs, skills, and technical languages as required
- Experience with the agile software development principles and how to manage the flow of work within those guidelines
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence to keep work visible and stakeholders informed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to visually communicate when necessary (wireframes, diagrams, storyboards, etc.)
Let’s start the conversation
If you think you've got what it takes to be a Builder, we encourage you to apply! Show us your authentic self, tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio. We look forward to getting to know you.
See more open positions at Bold Commerce
Something looks off?