Senior Product Designer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Who is Bold Commerce
Bold Commerce makes checkout better, helping brands convert more shoppers in more places. As a leader in the composable commerce space, Bold Checkout is the only high-converting, customizable headless solution with built in subscriptions and pricing capabilities, for a checkout without limits.
Named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and Manitoba’s Top Employers, we're a dynamic team that truly cares about building the future of ecommerce. We live by the BUILDERS Code, a shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help shape this remote-first company.
Founded in 2012, with team members (Builders) located throughout Canada and the U.S., and backed by investors like OMERS Ventures, WhiteCap Venture Partners, and Round13 Capital, Bold is leading the way to a better, composable ecommerce future.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer who is passionate about elevating the experience of some of our most important products. As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate with product management and engineering to solve complex design problems and design meaningful solutions. We are seeking someone who can help us chart the design direction for some of our most important products.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate and coordinate with lead product managers, lead software developers and other design leads to help us understand the problems we should solve and how we should best solve them
- Provide strategic design for teams to ensure we’re all heading closer to our future-state vision for our company and its products
- Work closely and collaboratively with product managers, developers, quality assurance analysts, customer support and designers on other teams to create holistic solutions
- Understand the business requirements and technical constraints that we’ll be working with, but also push to make superb user experiences
- Conduct and facilitate design workshops with your teams
- Conduct research sessions with users to help us better understand the jobs that need to get done
- Help us continually improve our discovery process, research capacity, design systems and pattern libraries
- Explore and validate new and innovative concepts and ideas for features and functionality
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and beliefs
- Educated in Product Design; 5 years of relevant experience
- A portfolio of great work to show off your design thinking, approach, and skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing thoughtful user experiences, as well as best practices according to web and accessibility standards
- Ability to think and design at an ecosystem level and translate that into the specific features and functionality we need at a team level
- Ability to develop user flows, journey maps, design requirements and understand the jobs that our users need to get done
- Strong communication skills to not only share your ideas, but also understand and help people express theirs
- Ability to comfortably present ideas, designs, and research findings back to the team or the company
- A desire to organize, motivate and inspire other designers to grow their abilities and achieve their full potential
Let’s start the conversation
If you think you've got what it takes to be a Builder, we encourage you to apply! Show us your authentic self, tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio. We look forward to getting to know you.
See more open positions at Bold Commerce
Something looks off?