Director, Agency Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Who is Bold Commerce
Bold Commerce makes checkout better, helping brands convert more shoppers in more places. As a leader in the composable commerce space, Bold Checkout is the only high-converting, customizable headless solution with built in subscriptions and pricing capabilities, for a checkout without limits.
Named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and Manitoba’s Top Employers, we're a dynamic team that truly cares about building the future of ecommerce. We live by the BUILDERS Code, a shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help shape this remote-first company.
Founded in 2012, with team members (Builders) located throughout Canada and the U.S., and backed by investors like OMERS Ventures, WhiteCap Venture Partners, and Round13 Capital, Bold is leading the way to a better, composable ecommerce future.
About the role
Bold is looking for a Director of Agency Partnerships to help us build and drive Bold’s growth and industry leadership within the Enterprise space. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll think big about the future of ecommerce to develop strategic agency partnerships. To thrive, you’ll need to have a strong ecommerce domain expertise and proven experience developing meaningful partnerships that support the execution of a company’s strategic vision.
What you’ll do
- Develop and direct the execution of Bold’s agency and system integration partner plan including how to strategically identify, source, prioritize and onboard partners that align with Bold’s go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with product, sales, marketing, and solution teams to strengthen partner relationships, drive partner-sourced referrals, cultivate successful engagements, track and report on measurable performance
- Develop a tiered partner certification plan including all components of a comprehensive partner program (e.g., enablement, certifications, accelerators, co-marketing funds, etc.)
- Consider, adopt and implement commercial partner arrangements (e.g., VAR, OEM, SPIFF) that align with Bold’s go-to-market strategy; manage the development of contractual documentation to memorialize and manage partner relationships
- Organize and lead regular business reviews with each strategic partner, aimed at achieving our shared objectives, refining our joint action plans to ensure mutual success
- Lead, develop and grow a best-in-class agency partnership team
- Serve as a role model, source of inspiration, and coach for less experienced peers
- Lead and collaborate with Bold Product and Marketing teams to develop and execute on effective go-market strategies with Bold’s partner ecosystem.
- Deliver compelling demonstrations of Bold’s suite of products and address high-level technical questions, serving as a subject matter expert
What we’re looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code. We’re working hard because it’s fun and the work matters
- Proven ability to establish and drive complex data-driven partnerships that add incremental value to both partners for B2B/SaaS products. Our company is breaking new ground, so the partnership role needs to be able to break new ground, too
- Someone who can think big but also has the ability to roll up their sleeves to execute. We focus on execution, and everyone is a player not just a coach
- Understanding of composable or MACH architecture is a must, experience in either is a significant asset
- Strong understanding of a variety of eCommerce platforms including Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle, and CommerceTools
- Established executive-level relationships with agencies and system integrators that are actively engaged with customers that are leveraging the aforementioned eCommerce platforms
- Excellent contract negotiation, execution, and management skills. It might sound typical, but it’s important enough for us to call out. Good contracts and partnerships require an attention to detail that we value
- At least 10 years of strategic partnership work experience
- Experience working with enterprise sales counterparts on complex, partner-driven sales opportunities
Let’s start the conversation
If you think you've got what it takes to be a Builder, we encourage you to apply! Show us your authentic self, tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio. We look forward to getting to know you.
See more open positions at Bold Commerce
Something looks off?