Technical Solutions Manager (Remote)
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Each year the US and Canadian governments give out billions of dollars in R&D tax credits and innovation incentives to fund businesses, but the application process is cumbersome, time-consuming, and receiving the money can take 12+ months. This can be through the Canadian SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) tax program, or the US R&D Tax program. Boast is building the future of tax credit recovery with artificial intelligence so companies can get more money, faster for less time and risk.
Boast’s mission is to help innovative companies become successful. While we serve that mission through our product, we’ve also built a non-profit community of 90k+ technology professionals calledTraction to take that mission further, bringing leaders from the fastest growing companies like Google, Shopify, Twilio, GitHub, Cloudflare, and many more to share advice via weekly webinars, regular meetups, and an annual conference.
We've secured $123M USD in funding and have been featured in TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Fox Business, Forbes, and other publications as a force in the space.
Come join our mission to drive innovation and entrepreneurship!
About the role:
Our team of Technical Solutions Managers is rapidly growing. A Technical Solutions Manager at Boast is part of our client management team and manages a portfolio of clients who are at the leading edge of R&D. A Technical Solutions Manager at Boast has an opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of the latest technologies and interact with many stakeholders from clients including C-level executives by leading clients through R&D tax projects. While you are not leading internal projects, you will have the opportunity to work with a strong and collaborative team of engineers and technologists in shaping the future of R&D tax.
What you'll do:
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and delivery of a number of concurrent projects
- Prepare technical and financial documentation and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and complete projects on time
- Pro-actively assist clients and maintain regular communications throughout the year
- Track project status as well as manage and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate-
- Actively participate in peer review of client communication and external documentation
- Contribute to the development and sharing of project management best practices within the company
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of software development or technical experience in progressive roles with increasing responsibility for feature ownership, product management, and/or client interaction. Direct product management experience is an asset
- Prior SR&ED or R&D tax experience is an asset
- Have skills and experience in interviewing and uncovering technical details from customers in virtual and in person settings
- Experience translating technical information into non-technical language
- Ability to synthesize disparate sources of information into a cohesive narrative
- High level of professionalism with an outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple client projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- University/College degree or experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Bilingual English/French is a plus
Why you'll love working here:
- Competitive salary + benefits- Remote first and flexible work culture
- Open and transparent management structure – collaboration is how we make decisions happen
- Career growth within this role, including leadership and product innovation opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities to promote personal and professional growth
- Generous vacation time, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual company retreats in tropical destinations and periodic team-building outings
- Access to our community events and conferences