Associate Product Manager - Contract
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our AI-powered platform combines human expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global disease surveillance engine delivers critical early warning and insights on emerging and existing infectious diseases risks — earning us a Governor’s General Innovation award in 2018.
In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published one of the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread. Today, the need to better protect lives and livelihoods from infectious diseases is equally urgent for private sector leaders as it is for public officials. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the importance of solving the problem has never been greater. At BlueDot, you’ll have the opportunity to help grow a solution to global scale.
We are a Certified B Corp, Diversio certified, and previously recognized as a Best Workplace for Technology, Women and for Giving Back by Great Place to Work. In 2023, BlueDot ranked no. 25 on Globe & Mail's Top Growing Companies and as one of Canada's most impactful companies by Power 50.
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass, and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make, and in how we treat each other:
- Be the Change
- Think Without Borders
- Lift Others Up
BlueDot is growing and as a result we are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our team!
This role is an 8 month contract role starting in January.
We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to play a pivotal role in the development of our core intelligence product, an indispensable tool for global health analysts worldwide. You will be working closely with a dedicated cross-functional team, bringing your expertise and insights to the table. This is more than just a role; it's a chance to contribute to a product that's set to redefine its domain. Join us and shape the future of health intelligence.
What you will do in more detail:
- Work closely with our product, development and our epidemiology teams to prioritize and deliver valuable and usable intelligence
- Gather and analyze feedback from internal and external analysts to improve our core offer
- Prepare and write user stories that bring our product vision to life
- Actively contribute to our agile rituals
- Work closely with a committed, fast-moving and diverse team to solve problems rapidly and elegantly
What you bring to BlueDot:
- Recent graduate of a University degree or College diploma
- Ability to solve problems quickly, collaboratively, and effectively
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Ability to learn quickly, make decisions confidently, and update your beliefs when confronted with new evidence
- An owner's mindset - you hold yourself and others accountable in service of great work
- A drive to build - proven experience creating something new to solve a problem
- Product taste - an ability to evaluate user experiences and identify improvements
- 1-3 years of experience in either technology or the life sciences space a bonus
- Familiarity with APIs, data analysis and intelligence products is also a bonus
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
BlueDot is a remote-first culture that also provides a flexible, hybrid office space in downtown Toronto on the waterfront. As our teams reside across Canada, we do not have set mandatory in-house working hours/days; instead, we encourage everyone to work the way that suits them best! Occasionally BlueDot will host special events/workshops in the office and will support distance travel so all can join.
Together let's create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQI2S) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency calls.