Senior Backend Software Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Blockthrough helps the world’s leading media brands restore a healthier relationship with the 225 million users who filter their online ad experience. Our real-time ad filtering technology ensures that only creatives that meet the highest ad quality standards such as Acceptable Ads and Better Ads are served to opted-in users—thus delivering respectful, relevant, nonintrusive, and consent-based advertising.
Blockthrough is the most popular ad filtering solution among the Comscore Top 150, and our customers include brands like AccuWeather, Freestar, CafeMedia, Healthline, and Future plc. Today, our technology powers more than 10,000 sites across the globe, monetizing over 2 billion pageviews each month.
For its innovative technology, strong revenue growth, and contribution to the online publishing ecosystem, Blockthrough has been recognized with awards from analysts and trade publications including Deloitte, The Globe and Mail, Great Place to Work, Adweek, AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, and AdMonsters. Blockthrough is a TCF v2.0 certified vendor and a member of Interactive Advertising Bureau (Canada), associate member of Association of Online Publishers (UK), and community member of Prebid.
Blockthrough is expanding our Engineering team! We are seeking an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer to help build and ship new products that impact millions of customers and handle billions of monthly requests. Come join our small and nimble Backend Team where you can help shape our infrastructure and direct our fundamental engineering efforts. In this role you will work alongside senior engineers within a culture that prides itself on craftsmanship and clean design.
What You'll be Doing
- Build scalable services handling thousands of QPS
- Work closely with the product team to bring new ideas to life
- Architect, design, and implement robust and scalable solutions
- Own critical parts of the stack and be responsible for implementing and operating production systems
- Manage and lead the Backend team members
- Write Go code and work with GCP services
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of production software engineering experience in one or more languages (Go, Python, Rust, C++)
- 2+ years of experience with GCP or AWS cloud platforms
- Extensive Linux experience
- Ability to work efficiently and resolve blockers autonomously
- A passion and ability to create simplistic design and performance
- A BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points if You Have
- Understanding of the ad-tech ecosystem and/or ad-tech experience
- Hands-on experience with Prebid
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough
- Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Competitive compensation (including health, dental, and vision benefits)
- 28 days of vacation per year
- Paid sabbatical program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Top-of-the-line hardware
- Optimal work-life balance
- Up to $1k home office reimbursement
- Professional development compensation
- 100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest startups
If you don't have all the requirements but think that you'll add value to the team, we’d love to hear from you!
We value inclusiveness, diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Blockthrough
Something looks off?