Backend Software Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Blockthrough helps the world’s leading media brands restore a healthier relationship with the 225 million users who filter their online ad experience. Our real-time ad filtering technology ensures that only creatives that meet the highest ad quality standards such as Acceptable Ads and Better Ads are served to opted-in users—thus delivering respectful, relevant, nonintrusive, and consent-based advertising.
Blockthrough is the most popular ad filtering solution among the Comscore Top 150, and our customers include brands like AccuWeather, Freestar, CafeMedia, Healthline, and Future plc. Today, our technology powers more than 10,000 sites across the globe, monetizing over 2 billion pageviews each month.
For its innovative technology, strong revenue growth, and contribution to the online publishing ecosystem, Blockthrough has been recognized with awards from analysts and trade publications including Deloitte, The Globe and Mail, Great Place to Work, Adweek, AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, and AdMonsters. Blockthrough is a TCF v2.0 certified vendor and a member of Interactive Advertising Bureau (Canada), associate member of Association of Online Publishers (UK), and community member of Prebid.
Blockthrough is expanding our Engineering team! We are seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to help build products that impact millions of customers and handle billions of monthly requests. This candidate will work closely with our Product Team and senior engineering members within a culture that prides itself on craftsmanship and clean design.
What You'll be Doing
- Design and implement robust and scalable solutions
- Write efficient and clean code
- Build and maintain CI pipelines
- Collaborate with other engineers when architecting large-scale solutions
- Own a piece of the stack and be responsible for implementing and operating production systems
- Write Go code and work with GCP services
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of production software engineering experience in one or more languages (Go, Python, Rust, C++)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to get up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical issues cross-functionally
- A BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points if You Have
- Understanding of the ad-tech ecosystem and/or ad-tech experience
- Experience with GCP or AWS cloud platforms
- Strong Linux background
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough
- Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Competitive compensation (including health, dental, and vision benefits)
- 28 days of vacation per year
- Paid sabbatical program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Top-of-the-line hardware
- Optimal work-life balance
- Up to $1k home office reimbursement
- Professional development compensation
- 100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest startups
If you don't have all the requirements but think that you'll add value to the team, we’d love to hear from you!
We value inclusiveness, diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Blockthrough
Something looks off?