Senior AI/ML Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Blanc Labs is a premier partner for global enterprises, leading the way in digitization, automation, and the development of next-generation digital products and services. Our expertise in digital transformation powers businesses to accelerate service delivery, drive customer engagement, and foster growth.
Blanc Labs is at the forefront of AI/ML innovation and is seeking a Senior AI/ML Engineer who is not only a technical wizard but also possesses the unique ability to translate complex technical concepts into client-friendly language. This role is a blend of technical mastery and client engagement, critical for steering our AI/ML initiatives toward success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and apply algorithms based on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning (LLMs like GPT/ChatGPT), & Knowledge Graphs to extract, process & analyze information from unstructured documents
- Develop and apply algorithms for the classification, extraction, and redaction of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured documents.
- Work closely with the data scientists team and product owners to create scalable, reusable and performant data-oriented applications, incl. e.g., document understanding, chatbots, recommender, search
- Effectively convey complex technical information in a clear manner, bridging the gap between business needs and technical capabilities.
- Evaluate the latest methods and technologies and support the design of the data & analytics platforms and governance infrastructures.
- Act as a technical consultant, providing high-level, understandable explanations of AI/ML concepts and solutions to clients. Build trust and credibility through your expert knowledge.
- Continuously evaluate and integrate the latest technologies and methodologies to advance our data & analytics platforms and governance infrastructures.
- Take ownership of applications from conception to operation, ensuring high quality and optimal performance.
- Play a pivotal role in client meetings, effectively responding to technical queries and explaining solutions in a client-friendly manner.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- University degree ( Bachelor/MSc/PhD ) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or similar training
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in applying natural language processing in a business context, particularly in production environments.
- In-depth understanding of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning/Deep Learning (e.g., LLMs).
- Experience with Intelligent Document Processing and various classification and extraction algorithms is desirable.
- Experience in any of search (e.g., based on Elasticsearch, MongoDB), semantic technologies (e.g., Vector Databases), chatbots is considered a plus - An independent, solution-oriented and team-oriented way of working, not afraid to take on responsibility
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to discuss complex matters effectively with clients.
- Strong desire to learn & upskill at the intersection of data, science & industry experience with the following is welcome and considered as a plus: Cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure (e.g., Databricks, Azure DevOps, Azure ML) - CI/CD using e.g., git, Jira, docker, Azure MLOps
Blanc Labs is enabling a digital future. Headquartered in Toronto, we partner with clients in North & South America to digitize and automate their operations and build their next generation of digital products and services. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to the market faster. Learn more at www.blanclabs.com.
Blanc Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.